Business Development Representative Intern (Summer 2024)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 10,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
The Business Development Team focuses on generating new customers for Okta. As a Business Development Representative (BDR) Intern, you’ll participate in a variety of meaningful projects that will allow you to experience each step in a high-performance sales environment. You will make a significant impact on our sales team by providing a fresh perspective, along with providing real time assistance for our Sales Development teams. During your internship, you will learn how to use our best in breed tech stack, systems and platforms and how to develop and qualify revenue opportunities strategically. You will be responsible for researching prospective clients, contacts, and using the provided resources and technology.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Use social/professional networks in addition to other tools for true sales prospecting
- Maintain accuracy and trackability of metrics in Salesforce
- Attend and document SDR enablement meetings and RVP forecast calls
- Support account operation and brainstorm account strategies
- Monitor and report weekly marketing SLA’s
- Opportunity to develop sales phone skills by following up with and qualifying inbound leads
- Other projects as needed
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a Business Administration, Communications, Economics, Business Analytics, Psychology, Accounting, Finance, Technical field (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Informatics, Data Science, or related field) with at least one quarter/semester left after internship.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to intern for 12 weeks
- Ability to manage multiple projects, simultaneously
- Analytically minded and detail oriented
- Willingness to present in front of others and give presentations
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Passionate for a career in sales
Okta’s Intern Program
As an intern, you’ll do real work that matters. While you’re on board, you’ll work on meaningful projects and have an opportunity to see what working at Okta is all about. You’ll also have the support of your mentor and manager to help you develop new skills.
Our interns have the opportunity to build a strong community - with their fellow interns, within their teams, and with the broader company. We want you to grow professionally and you’ll do that through participating in events like our Executive Speaker Series and Brown Bags. And of course, we want you to have fun too.
Interns may choose the format of their internship: either in-person at one of our Okta offices, or virtually. We give our interns the opportunity to choose the option that best suits their needs. We offer 12 week internships in the U.S. in the Summer and 16 week co-ops in Canada.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.