Training and Knowledge Management Specialist
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our growing Legal Operations team as Training and Knowledge Management Specialist. In this position you will be supporting the Legal team at a high-growth, publicly-traded enterprise software company. You will be reporting to the Manager, Training and Knowledge Management and help the team’s vision as well as owning various projects related to content creation, content management, and knowledge sharing among members of the Legal department and their business partners.
Okta is headquartered in San Francisco. This role will be remote and based in Ireland, but some US (Pacific Time/Eastern Time) hours will be required.
What we are looking for:
Okta is looking for someone who is passionate about enabling the success of others and who is excited about the opportunity to support a legal team. We are looking for someone who:
- Has an internal drive and positive attitude;
- Is adept at and willing to learn new technologies;
- Follows instructions and is detail oriented;
- Takes responsibility for own actions and keeps commitments;
- Demonstrates strong time management;
- Is comfortable operating in a fast-paced, multi-project environment;
- Takes initiative and can work independently or collaboratively as needed.
If this resonates with you this may be for you even if you haven’t worked in legal before.
This position will work on the Legal team's ongoing training and knowledge management initiatives to continue to help Okta scale and grow. In this role you will:
- Assist in performing needs assessment to identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and liaise with matter experts regarding the development of educational aids and materials;
- Review and analyze instructional effectiveness to report the impact of training for employees;
- Assist in creation of relevant project and process documentation as needed (e.g. dashboards, toolkits, Q&A, process flows, etc.);
- Own and oversee a process to update the Legal Team’s document repositories (filing, folder structure, and organization);
- Build and assist with managing content for entire company on Legal matters on the Legal Team’s intranet site;
- Assist with the development of knowledge management tools and resources to support the onboarding and professional development of Legal Team;
- Keep current on latest legal operations industry trends and best practices and identify opportunities for improvements;
- Support and manage various ad hoc projects within the Legal Team as needed.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Learning and Development, Communications or other related degree preferred;
- Minimum 1 year relevant professional experience, 3-4 years professional experience;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, collaborative, and proactive style;
- Experience using standard knowledge management and training tools such as Zoom, MS Office, Google Workspace, Simpplr, Confluence, Highspot etc.;
- Ability to collaborate with leadership;
- Strong collaboration skills;
- Experience or interest in supporting a Legal team and a great sense of humour.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.