Principal Identity Security Architect - Okta on Okta
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Enterprise Engineering Okta-on-Okta Team
Tech companies who build deep expertise as the best and first customer of their products truly differentiate themselves from the rest. That’s why the Okta-on-Okta team here at Okta is more than just an IT services function- it’s a competitive advantage! We own Okta’s workforce, customer, and federal implementations of Okta’s identity platform. We also partner with the rest of the business and influence our own product’s development so it suits our needs as a high-growth company. Finally, we showcase how we solve challenges at Okta using Okta technology to existing and prospective customers!
The Principal Identity Security Architect, Okta-on-Okta Opportunity
As Okta-on-Okta’s Principal Identity Security Architect, you will report to the Senior Director of Okta on Okta, and partner closely with Enterprise Security and Enterprise Architecture to help negotiate security-related demands regarding Okta’s Enterprise Identity and Access Management architecture. You will ensure our enterprise IAM implementation meets the highest security standards and share our strategies with our customers to showcase our implementation of Okta’s Identity capabilities.
What you’ll be doing
- Review our current enterprise IAM architecture, plan and build a target-state security first IAM architecture utilizing Okta Identity Cloud products
- Ensure our Enterprise IAM architecture is aligned with Okta’s security strategy and help influence our security strategy from an Identity subject matter perspective
- Catalog security opportunities as they are discovered, and represent the risks if left unmitigated and the value of their implementation to business leaders to ensure they are addressed
- Partner with the Okta on Okta team to design and architect secure, scalable, and employee enabling IAM solutions that align with business requirements, incorporating security best practices.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to mature Identity and Access Management capabilities across the enterprise
- Partner with Engineering and Product teams to enhance our product offerings as it relates to IAM Security
- Continually assess and explain risks and threats to make risk-informed security decisions
- Represent Okta on Okta in security related initiatives and report on metrics and defined KPIs to determine areas for improvement
What you’ll bring to the role
- 10+ years of experience in Cyber Security with a focus on Identity and Access Management, security architecture and enterprise security
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA highly desired
- Proficiency in security and compliance frameworks such as NIST/FedRamp, SOX, SOC, ISO, SOC2, PCI, ZeroTrust, SaaS Security Framework, Data Security Foundations, etc.
- Strong knowledge of cloud security (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Extensive experience with identity and access management tools and technologies (e.g., SAML, OAuth2, OIDC, SCIM)
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to thrive in an environment working with multiple stakeholders and can align cross functionally to broker security decisions
- A growth mindset and willingness to learn & continuously improve
- Experience as a coach and mentor to others as it relates to security best practices
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.