Senior Manager, Executive Support Engineer - Japan
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Workplace Technologies Team
Technology experience is the guiding force of our work and our Sr. Executive Support Manager will help ensure we are providing world class technology support for our executives and executive admins.
Our team is helping to transform the future of work, which isn’t easy but is tremendously fun and rewarding. We work on challenging problems, are data driven, and always focus on the employee experience.
The Sr. Manager, Executive Support Opportunity
In this role, you will be responsible for leading our Executive Support Program that focuses on speedy issue resolution for Okta’s executive employees with a high focus on quality and engagement. You are a subject matter leader that drives issue resolution and has a strong customer focus. You will collaborate with key team members to lead quick and scalable solutions. You will lead a dedicated international executive support team that provides high quality service, consistent messaging, and dynamic support. You will also share knowledge with our executive employees, helping them to use technology to power their productivity.
In this role, you will be a strong advocate for our executives and admins, learning and understanding their technology challenges and championing change with our technology teams that makes it easier for everyone to get their best work done.
This Executive Support Manager will provide frictionless support, share best practices, and be a trusted advocate for our executives. A successful Executive Support Manager must have a strong technical understanding of common internet and SaaS applications (browsers, Slack, Google Workspace, Zoom, Office, Okta), security first mindset, hardware (Apple/Windows), mobile phones and devices, networks and operating systems. This Executive Support Manager will also lead a best in class onboarding experience for all our new executives. The ideal candidate will also have great attention to detail and will be comfortable working in high pressure situations in a fast-paced environment.
Our goal is to make sure that our executive audience have an amazing technology experience and that they have everything they need to be successful.
What you’ll be doing
- Hands on leader that can provide daily onsite and remote IT support for our executive employees and their administrative assistants
- Build key measurements of success and streamlined processes for the executive program
- Lead meetings with our key business partners to ensure we’re have a voice to champion our executive audience
- Build a sustainable and scalable program that provides a global presence for all our executive employees and their admins
- Break/Fix support as issues are discovered and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Proactively look for opportunities to increase customer and team productivity
- Effectively communicate with our executive customers and stakeholders with empathy and a customer first mindset
- Identify root cause of issues and document in RCA documents
- Create knowledge articles and videos to enable our team and executive customers with technology best practices
- AV event support during executive meetings and smaller meetings in event spaces
- Provide white glove support for senior leadership and critical meetings
- Drive a seamless and amazing onboarding experience for our new executives
- Responsible for providing in person and remote support to our executive staff. Requests will come in a variety of forms such as tickets, walkups, Slack, and email.
- Strive to resolve all executive employee support interactions on first touch, whenever possible, while proactively and conscientiously balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Assist with projects as assigned
- Ability and willingness to travel 25-50% of time to other Okta offices or for offsite events
- Dynamic support to ensure all our executive employees have the support they need.
- Ability to support onsite in Tokyo and remote locations
- Hands on leader that has a player-coach mentality
- Bring a positive and fun spirit to the work you do each and every day
What you’ll bring to the role
- 4+ years proven experience of leading and building an executive support program
- 4+ years of leading and building teams to empower and support their growth
- 4+ years supporting executive level customers in corporate environments
- 3+ years supporting AV events in corporate environments
- 8-10 years experience with Mac and PC technical support
- 8-10 years experience working in a heavily SaaS based environment with responsibility managing user/role based access to systems
- Flexible for early morning coverage and some late evening support.
- Experience with high priority escalations and high-pressure situations
- Strong ability to multi-task and successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
- Native level of Japanese and high-business level of English skills
- High level of integrity and ability to work discreetly in situations where you may have access to sensitive information
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Certifications (not required): Google Admin, JAMF 300/400, SSCP, MCSA, Okta Professional, ITIL certifications
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.