Customer Assurance Intern (Summer 2024)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Okta Security team’s mission is to strengthen Okta’s position as the leading Identity-as-a-Service solution by identifying and resolving risks to the employees, product, and most importantly, our customers. The Customer Trust team works to enhance customer trust in the identity products our teams build. We serve as a strategic resource working closely with Okta’s Sales, Pre-Sales, Customer Success and Support teams.
The Customer Assurance team is the central hub of Customer Trust, providing comprehensive security information to our customers so they can effectively manage their risk and to prospects evaluating Okta’s products.
This position requires a unique set of skills including project management, the ability to communicate with both internal and external customers, and ensure business needs are prioritized appropriately. If you’re a self-starter who wants to make a difference in global cloud security, we want you on board.
The intern is responsible for supporting the Customer Assurance team through various related tasks and projects.
- Planning and execution of defined deliverables within assigned project and in support of day to day operations including but not limited to:
- Providing instructions to internal stakeholders on standard processes
- Coordinating w/team to triage and respond to security review requests
- Functional Testing for Customer Assurance tools: Google Forms, Whistic, RFPIO, Salesforce and others
- Assist in research and documentation activities within assigned project
- Perform analysis using multiple sources of data, ability to formulate and present conclusions based on data
- Assisting the team w/Ad-hoc requests
Knowledge & Skills:
- (In progress) BS in Information Systems or MIS, or related degree
- Display high level understanding and interest in security, information technology and general business concepts
- Demonstrate interest in risk management practices
- Ability to learn quickly and is self-driven
- Organized and security-minded work ethic, dealing with multiple and competing tasks, stakeholders and work documents
- Team player
- Good written and oral communication skills
As an intern, you’ll do real work that matters. While you’re on board, you’ll work on meaningful projects and have an opportunity to see what working at Okta is all about. You’ll also have the support of your mentor and manager to help you develop new skills.
Our interns have the opportunity to build a strong community - with their fellow interns, within their teams, and with the broader company. We want you to grow professionally and you’ll do that through participating in events like our Executive Speaker Series and Brown Bags. And of course, we want you to have fun too.
Interns may choose the format of their internship: either in-person at one of our Okta offices, or virtually. We give our interns the opportunity to choose the option that best suits their needs.
We offer 12 week internships in the U.S.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.