Trade Compliance Manager
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Trade Compliance Manager
Okta is seeking an experienced Trade Compliance Manager to lead its trade compliance program. The Trade Compliance Manager will work with various teams across Okta to provide strategic guidance on Okta’s trade compliance program, including adherence to Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) regulations and programs, Export Administration Regulations (EAR), various economic and trade sanctions programs, and other applicable import/export laws and regulations.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Director, Compliance & Investigations, you will partner with teams across the Company to provide guidance on sanctions and other trade compliance regulations and strategize operational solutions to enable continued compliance in a rapidly changing environment. Working with teams across Okta, you will:
- Develop and maintain trade compliance policies & guidelines;
- Oversee and collaborate with other teams on Okta’s trade compliance programs, including sanctions screening, deemed export, IP blocking, and product classification, among others;
- Advise Okta teams regarding sanctions and restricted party compliance;
- Provide guidance and direction as needed on various trade compliance laws and regulations including, as applicable:
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN)
- Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR)
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- US Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Draft strategic export licenses and other regulatory filings, as necessary;
- Monitor legal, regulatory, and trade developments that impact Okta’s business and work with the Ethics & Compliance team to develop, strategize, and communicate guidance;
- Direct, develop, and execute risk-based trade compliance trainings and communications;
- Collaborate with various business functions (including colleagues in Legal, Finance/Tax, HR, Internal Audit, Engineering, Marketing and Sales) to understand business priorities and build integrated, upstream, and forward-looking trade compliance processes;
- Work with product counsel on potential trade compliance considerations arising from new products, services, and features;
- Provide support to other Ethics & Compliance projects or initiatives, as needed.
What you’ll bring to the role
- 7+ years of in-house experience as a trade professional;
- Deep expertise in U.S. sanctions regulations, sanctions screening, ECCN classification, and export controls (including deemed export);
- Hands-on experience building and leading an international trade compliance function in a multinational company;
- Ability to distill complex regulations into simple terms easily digestible by business colleagues;
- Experience in working, managing, and driving cross-functional projects to completion;
- Flexible and able to balance multiple priorities at once and ability to quickly adjust priorities to meet business needs;
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, excellent problem-solving;
- Strategic thought leader with business acumen and sound judgment;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to build strong cross functional partnerships to drive results;
- Sense of humor!
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.