Senior Full Stack Engineer, CIC (Product Experience)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Our vision is to free everyone to safely use any technology. We promise to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Okta may be an ideal place to shine.
Okta’s Customer Identity Cloud (CIC), powered by Auth0 technology, is an easy to implement authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. We make access to applications safe, secure, and seamless for the more than 100 million daily logins around the world. Our modern approach to identity enables this Tier 0 global service to deliver convenience, privacy, and security so customers can focus on innovation.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with full stack experience to join our high caliber Product Experience Engineering team. Your role will be to help us provide a world class experience to our customers, both through our management dashboard and online documentation. In this role, you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the foundation of Auth0's product stack, realizing a huge impact for both our customers and partners.
What you will do:
- Work with design and client-side teams to deliver world-class user experiences.
- Delight our customers by providing world class UX using our React-based design system.
- Drive technical decisions, while striving to strike the right balance between factors such as simplicity, flexibility, reliability, and performance.
- Collaborate with product and design teams to define and continually improve Auth0’s documentation platform, administration dashboard and internal design system
- Proactively address needs of teams across the engineering organization to ensure rapid delivery of a robust, secure and maintainable UI
- Implement features across different layers of the stack using technologies such as React.js, Node.js, Express, Kubernetes, AWS and Azure.
- Contribute to improving Auth0's architecture, performance, observability, security controls, and best practices.
- 5+ years of expertise with full stack application development.
- Solid understanding of full web technology stack: RESTful services, client-side frameworks, data persistence technologies.
- Experience working with Express, Node.js and React.js.
- Experience with MVC front end architecture
- Thorough understanding of code versioning tools and processes.
- Experience with CICD tools and maintenance of a delivery pipeline
- A high bar for both code quality as well as quality of user experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with CMS tooling such as Contentful
- Experience with packaging and distributing containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with system design principles and best practices.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.