Regional Alliance Manager - Canada
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Partner and Alliances Team
Okta Partners & Alliances is responsible for indirect go-to-market strategy, execution, and bookings globally. With more than 1000 partners around the world today, Okta’s partner program is designed to accelerate our impact with customers.
The Canada Regional Alliance Manager Opportunity
Reporting to the Vice President of America’s Partner and Alliances, the Regional Alliance Manager will be responsible for owning the business strategy and cross-functional execution for Partners in the overall Canada region. Additionally, the Regional Alliance Manager will drive co-sell revenue in collaboration with Okta Sellers and Partners by creating joint account plans, opportunity management (pricing and quoting), and identifying partner opportunities within the region.
What you’ll be doing
- Build the overall partner business as the overall leader for partner ecosystem in Canada.
- Develop annual business plans with key Partners limited to those specific only to Canada.
- Co-own joint Marketing strategy which includes the use of Marketing Development Funds to drive demand generation through co-marketing events and campaigns.
- Own and drive the certifications, accreditations, and training strategy for your portfolio of partners.
- Work with the Okta Sales team to define GTM plans for the Okta partners in their portfolio.
- Engage and connect focused technology alliance partners in the region and enable them on the Okta value proposition and value of our integration. Leverage technology alliances partners to drive joint pipeline and closed/won business.
- Serve as the partner advocate inside Okta; evangelize partners and the opportunities they present by executing programs that help keep partners top of mind with Okta Sales leaders and AE’s to ensure key partners with unique IP and related offerings are part of any territory sales plan.
- Align partner practice to Okta products and sales plays.
- Build a comprehensive territory plan with Okta AEs to hit defined revenue goals. Use the historical data to identify both strategies and tactics which will be put into play by partner and Okta Sales.
What you’ll bring to the role
- 8+ years of relevant sales experience including a minimum of 5+ years in SaaS, IAM, and Security
- Bilingual in both English and French
- Experience in working with Solution Providers and G/SI partners in joint GTM motions
- A passion for building and establishing a partner leveraged foundation to promote accelerated growth
- A business leader who can drive influence and build strong relationships with decision-makers across all levels of partner and prospect organizations
- Up to date on the trends and market-leading companies in the broader Cloud Computing and Identity Management Ecosystem
- Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task with special attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to run quickly with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive meaningful change in an organization
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Knowledge of Canada government contract vehicles
- Recent direct sales experience
- GSI or AWS specific experience
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.