IT Manager, Executive Support
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Business Technology Team
This role joins the Business Technology organization and plays a critical part in realizing our vision to accelerate the delivery of business outcomes across Okta by driving clarity, collaboration, and accountability in everything we do. We enable the broader Business Technology organization in the mission to “Accelerate Okta’s Scale and Growth”.
The Lead Executive Support Engineer Opportunity
Technology experience is the guiding force of our work and our Staff/Lead Executive Support Engineer will help ensure we are providing world-class technology support for our executives and executive admins. In this role, you will be responsible for leading our Executive Support Program which focuses on speedy issue resolution for Okta’s executive employees with a high focus on quality and engagement.
You will lead an executive support program that provides high-quality service, consistent messaging, and dynamic support. You will also share knowledge with our executive employees, helping them to use technology to power their productivity. In this role, you will be a strong advocate for our executives and admins, learning and understanding their technology challenges and championing change with our technology teams that make it easier for everyone to get their best work done.
What you’ll be doing
- Hands-on lead/engineer that can provide daily onsite and remote IT support for our executive employees and their administrative assistants
- Lead meetings with our key business partners to ensure we’re have a voice to champion our executive audience
- Build and lead a sustainable and scalable program that provides a global presence for all our executive employees and their adminsMeet and/or exceed executive support SLAs
- Effectively communicate with our executive customers and stakeholders with empathy and a customer first mindset
- Effectively analyze data to identify key opportunities for our executive audience. Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive solutions
- Responsible for providing in-person and remote support to our executive staff. Requests will come in a variety of forms such as tickets, walkups, Slack, and email.
- Strive to resolve all executive employee support interactions on first touch, whenever possible, while proactively and conscientiously balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical lead that can solve complex issues in high-pressure environments.
What you’ll bring to the role
- 5+ years of proven experience of leading and building an executive support program
- 5+ years supporting executive-level customers in corporate environments
- 5+ years supporting AV events in corporate environments
- 5+ years of experience with Mac and PC technical support
- 5+ years of experience working in a heavily SaaS-based environment with responsibility managing user/role based access to systems
- 5+ years of experience with Level 2/3 Admin Support - Google, Slack, Zoom, ServiceNow, Atlassian, Okta
- Strong ability to multi-task and successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of integrity and ability to work discreetly in situations where you may have access to sensitive information
- Security first mindset! Experience with best-in-class security processes.
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Certifications (not required): Google Admin, JAMF 300/400, SSCP, MCSA, Okta Professional, ITIL certifications
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.