Senior Revenue Accountant
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are in search of a top-tier Senior Revenue Accountant who is highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording/reporting of revenue. This role will report into the Revenue Accounting Manager and will focus on supporting the team in the day to day operations of revenue accounting. The ideal candidate has experience working with multiple performance obligation arrangements, complex revenue transactions, can think strategically from a process perspective while carrying a strong execution mindset to deliver against established plans. This role will be reporting to the Revenue Accounting Manager, and This role will be required to work in US (Pacific Time) hours (9:30pm - 6:30am IST) in the Bangalore office initially at the time of Transitions and later during month end close and / or as required.
What you’ll be doing
- Support operationalization of ASC 606 (Revenue from Contracts with Customers)
- Partner with cross-functional groups across the business to analyze and launch new products and Go-To-Market (GTM) programs, ensuring proper revenue recognition and system implementation
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for new products and GTM programs
- Support revenue month-end close activities such as but not limited to: preparing journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepare support for monthly close package and internal/external quarterly audit requests
- Review sales contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Research accounting guidance and document Company’s position on various revenue transactions
- Ad hoc projects as needed
What you’ll bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree, emphasis in Accounting
- 5+ years of combined public accounting (ex. Big 4) and private industry at a publicly traded company
- CPA or CPA equivalent a plus
- Solid working knowledge and application of US GAAP (specifically ASC 606), SEC regulations, and SOX/internal controls
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and organization skills
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to adhere to deadlines in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce CPQ, and Zuora RevPro preferred
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.