Emerging Account Executive, Japan
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Emerging Markets Account Executive at Okta is responsible for all aspects of new customer acquisition and growth including management of the sales process for small to medium prospective customers as well as expansion within existing accounts.
The Account Executive will focus on the Japan market, to develop and execute strategies and tactics in the following key areas: territory planning, prospecting, relationship development, running sales cycles, pricing presentation and delivery, negotiations, and closing.
Account Executives at Okta strive to understand the specific challenges that both prospects and customers are faced with and map Okta’s solutions accordingly to achieve the desired positive business outcomes. They will need to cultivate positive relationships with customers and key partners while maintaining a solid knowledge of Okta’s evolving technology as well as contending differentiators. In this high-velocity role, you’ll focus on small to mid-sized businesses, presenting both on-site and remotely. Expect to own deals from cradle-to-grave in collaboration with account teams, sales engineers, professional services, and partners.
It is imperative that you demonstrate leadership qualities, ethical behaviour, excellent work ethic and a focus on collaboration with both internal counterparts as well as customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and execute against a comprehensive territory plan
- Prospect, build and maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Work with partners to extend reach & new opportunities
- Significant experience presenting to C-level executives, in-person
- Manage sales cycle as well as key internal/external partners
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts and ensure customer success
- Minimum 2 years of sales account management experience working for a technology vendor
- Previous sales experience across the Japan market
- A track record of success selling to small to medium sized businesses
- SaaS experience is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in Japanese, English is a plus
- Works well in teams and synergetic environment
- Extensive network of partnerships with customers, executives and peers
- Experience working with channel partners is preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- BS/BA degree required
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.