Senior Revenue Accountant
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is seeking a strong senior revenue accountant with knowledge in ASC 606 and an affinity for process improvement within a fast-paced organization. This role will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. This role will report to the Manager of Revenue Accounting and will focus on supporting the team in the day-to-day operations of revenue accounting. The ideal candidate has experience with multiple performance obligation arrangements, complex revenue transactions, can think strategically from a process perspective while carrying a strong execution mindset to deliver against established plans.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review sales arrangements to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies
- Research accounting guidance and document Company’s position on various revenue transactions
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and automation within the monthly close process.
- Implement best practices to enhance efficiency and accuracy in revenue accounting processes.
- Perform revenue close activities: prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and quarterly disclosures
- Prepare support for monthly close package and internal/external quarterly audit requests
- Facilitate ad-hoc analysis and projects, as required
- Support design, implementation, execution, and documentation of key revenue controls
- Support NetSuite ARM and RevPro system integration and enhancement projects, as required
- Maintain strong lines of communication and partnership cross-functionally to drive best practice in revenue
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA preferred
- Able and willing to come into SF HQ as needed (1-2x per week)
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience, with both Big 4 public accounting and industry experience in the SaaS/software industry preferred
- Working knowledge of ASC 606
- Experience in application of internal controls
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Effective communicator able to convey and present information in a concise and well-organized manner
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet challenging deadlines
- Commitment to continuously seeking for opportunity to improve productivity and accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint software applications
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.