Staff Product Designer, Enterprise Management (Customer Identity)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta’s Customer Identity Cloud (CIC), powered by Auth0 technology, is an easy to implement authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. We make access to applications safe, secure, and seamless for the more than 100 million daily logins around the world. Our modern approach to identity enables this Tier 0 global service to deliver convenience, privacy, and security so customers can focus on innovation.
Our commitment to identity inspires and sustains our Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging strategy as we aim to celebrate and protect the identities of everyone in our network. Click here to learn more about our commitment to building balanced teams.
What's the opportunity?
The Enterprise Management is on a mission to create enterprise ready management experiences, built on trust and collaboration. This team delivers secure and robust solutions for CIC Administrators such as advanced access control, account reporting, and audit capabilities.
You will join a distributed and diverse Design team. You will be part of a team that includes Product, Design, and Engineering counterparts and will have direct impact throughout the product development lifecycle. We are looking for a designer that is a team player and works closely with engineers and product managers to solve complex problems.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers and Engineers, prioritizing features and improvements, facilitating design discussions, and providing feedback for our entire Administrator dashboard
- Directly contribute to building a strategic, long-term roadmap for the Enterprise Management team
- Own the entire design process from discovery research to detailed implementation
- Use creative thinking to build clarity of the problem and deliver innovative solutions
- Design applications to improve the experience of managing CIC environments, teams, and accounts
- Build a deep understanding of our core customers
- Transform challenging workflows into simple, usable and elegant experiences
- Define data and analytics to measure design solutions
- Participate in research and communicate insights to help the team understand customer problems
- Share work early and often, and seek out constructive feedback from peers, product teams, and other stakeholders
- Iterate on solutions based on direct and indirect stakeholder feedback
- Work together with designers on other product teams to keep work consistent, improve quality, and contribute to our team processes and principles
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have experience building enterprise products (B2B), ideally designing products for developers
- Have experience working with roles based access, permissions, auditing and centralized management
- Have built enterprise experiences: from defining consistent UX patterns to improving the overall user experience
- Can distill complex problems into precise, simple, and delightful solutions.
- Have an advanced understanding of UI/UX/Visual design concepts and an exceptional eye for detail with a portfolio that showcases this understanding
- Know how to make use of qualitative and quantitative data to back up your design decisions as well as suggest new research
- Bonus: Have a background in Engineering/Front-end development
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.