Senior iOS Engineer (SDK)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Customer Identity Cloud Team
Our vision is to free everyone to safely use any technology. We promise to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Okta may be an ideal place to shine.
Okta’s Customer Identity Cloud (CIC), powered by Auth0 technology, is an easy to implement authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. We make access to applications safe, secure, and seamless for the more than 100 million daily logins around the world. Our modern approach to identity enables this Tier 0 global service to deliver convenience, privacy, and security so customers can focus on innovation.
The Senior iOS Engineer Opportunity
You GET developers! You know what they need, how to talk to them, how to make their lives easier, what makes them click, their dissatisfiers and their delighters. You recognize when a framework, library or product provides a great experience.
As an iOS engineer, you will use those superpowers to build and maintain SDKs and libraries, improve our entire onboarding process, SDKs, Quickstarts, Docs, and provide direct assistance to developers in our support channels.
You will be the internal and external steward of the experience for the technologies that you love working with every day.
Each engineer shepherds one or multiple platforms forward, both internally within Auth0, and externally in the community.
You will be working in a cross-functional team alongside the developer evangelist, onboarding, growth, dashboard, community, tooling, and SDK teams to provide the best developer experience for the technologies you own.
The most important qualifications for this position are software engineering expertise, empathy, and self-direction.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing, curating, editing developer resources: tutorials, examples, guides, and documentation.
- Directly shaping and developing our open source SDKs.
- Owning the code samples and implementation guidance for Auth0.
- Championing Auth0 by engaging directly with the community.
- Gathering and channel user feedback within the company to improve the experience for developers on Auth0.
- The go-to-expert in the company, internally and externally, providing domain knowledge and reviews for Auth0 in these technologies.
- Sharing your technical expertise at conferences and other tech events.
- Developing our libraries that allow users to integrate seamlessly with Auth0.
- Working on our Quickstart guides to delight our developers.
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues with our libraries.
What you’ll bring to the role
- 8 + years of expertise in iOS development
- Have developed iOS libraries or SDKs to be consumed by other developers
- Have a good understanding of the iOS frameworks & ecosystem
- Have created mobile applications that have seen the light of day
- Have hybrid library development experience (React Native, Flutter)
- Understanding of CI platforms such as GitHub Actions or CircleCI
- Understanding of testing mobile applications in a CI environment
- You are able to work in a team environment, have good communication skills and understand the value of collaboration
- A deep understanding of writing, running, maintaining and debugging applications.
- The ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing as a presenter, documenter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: presenting, documenting, troubleshooting.
- Demonstrable experience authoring developer documentation (tutorials, blog posts, docs).
- The ability to be self-directed and be effective working independently, yet feel equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment.
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Experience with Android ( Java & Kotlin)
- Experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
- Created open-source material or have contributed to open-source projects.
- Your own technical blog or published articles on popular iOS sites.
- Knowledge in the identity and access management space.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.