Senior Commission Analyst
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is looking for a highly motivated Senior Commission Analyst to take a role in driving our sales commission plans, calculations, and audit accuracy. Reporting to the Commissions
Operations Manager, this role will be working cross-functionally with the Sales Org, Sales Ops, Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Payroll, Legal, and HR teams. This role will be responsible for bonus calculations, commission inquiries, reporting, and analysis. This role will be required to work in the US (Pacific Time) hours, which is 9:00pm-6:00am IST.
Job Duties and Responsibilities, include (but not limited to):
- Prepare system uploads, calculate, and reconcile the commissions payout in accordance with Okta’s monthly/quarterly cadence
- Assist in onboarding new hires, promotions, and terminations in Xactly
- Create, distribute and track completeness of sales compensation plans sign-off from sales personnel to ensure compliance with company policies
- Act as Point of Contact for all commissions related questions and provide thorough and timely answers to the sales and sales management teams and maintain regular customer service via ServiceNow tickets
- Effective communicator who can take complex logic and scenarios and describe them simply and clearly to various internal parties
- Develop, maintain, and update tool necessary to sales commissions reporting
- Create and maintain documentation to effectively manage all sales commission processes
- Provide cross-functional support regarding commissions related inquiries and requests
- Maintain, document, and adhere to internal controls to ensure Sox and policy compliance
- Ad Hoc projects and requests, as needed
- 4+ years of high-tech company experience (SaaS/Cloud model preferred) in Finance or accounting with minimum 3+ years’ experience as commissions administrator
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics, or other quantitative fields preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with Xactly or similar compensation tool is highly preferred
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills and passion for new technologies
- Experience with CRM/HRIS systems like Salesforce and Workday is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a dynamic setting while maintaining accuracy and delivering against deadlines
- Motivated to work cross-functionally in a role which supports multiple business partners
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.