Product Security Architect
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Security team’s mission is to strengthen Okta’s position as the leading Identity-as-a-service solutions provider by identifying and resolving risks to employees, products, and, most importantly, our customers. With the ever-increasing pace of cloud application adoption, companies are struggling to find ways to accurately assess risk and act at the speed of their business.
The Product Security Architect role guides and defines the overarching technical product security strategies and partners across multiple functions as a trusted leader to support and ensure the secure development of Okta’s products and services.
The Product Security Architect actively collaborates with Okta’s technology leaders to develop and drive security strategies across Okta. The position is crucial in ensuring that Okta’s systems and services meet the highest security standards and align with our customers’ requirements. This position requires expertise in security operations, vulnerability management, and the secure development lifecycle.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for defining, formalizing, and helping implement Okta’s Secure Development Lifecycle for all products and business units
- Work closely with Engineering, IT, Product, and Security teams on cross-functional initiatives
- Holistically identifies risks for all Okta offerings and their connections. Provides company-wide strategies and recommendations to close gaps and elevate the program
- Influence security and product strategy and impact the Product Security roadmap at Okta
- Play a lead role in developing expert knowledge of Product Security, requirements, tools, and working methods across Okta
- Think like an adversary and solve complex problems with expertise and ingenuity
- Give security presentations and represent Okta in private or public venues
- Develop holistic threat models, audit code for security flaws and best practices, perform penetration tests on specific targets
- Ideate, communicate and guide the implementation of complex vulnerability mitigation strategies to development organizations
What You Bring
- 10+ years of experience in information security with a focus on Product Security, Application Security, Vulnerability Management, Secure Development Lifecycle, and Security Operations
- Expert knowledge of modern web application components development, architecture, and design principles
- Advanced working knowledge of product security concepts and several other security areas concepts
- Advanced working experience in secure code reviews, penetration testing, and threat modeling
- Knowledge of current authentication and authorization protocols (OIDC, SAML) and cryptographic algorithms and techniques
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, particularly in technical writing, process documentation, and executive presentations
- Experience in product security research and presenting findings (internally or externally) in the security field
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.