Software Engineer in Test Intern, Summer 2024
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are looking for University students in undergraduate or graduate programs who are enthusiastic about a 2024 summer internship as a software engineer in test. We are passionate about building software to achieve our quality goals at scale in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering or business technology team that strongly believes in automated testing, UX design and an iterative process to build high-quality next-generation software.
Our team is honest, innovative, and flexible; with a regular release cycle and high standards, we expect great things from all of our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies, and the chance to have a significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate together with the developers, product, and documentation teams in weekly, agile-based team activities like sprint and project planning
- Work closely with a senior member of the team to develop test software to execute automated test cases
- Validate and monitor production and pre-production systems while changes by the Core Identity or Identity Ecosystem teams are being deployed or delivered
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1yr experience as a software engineer or test engineer (including prior internships)
- Interest in software development and testing that supports building high quality, reliable, mission-critical software
- Understanding of DevOps Principles: Basic Knowledge of Devops principles and practices is important This includes understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, and collaboration between development and operational teams.
- Quick study; able to learn and apply new concepts in a short period
- Technical knowledge in some of the following:
- REST/SOAP APIs
- Security Concepts
- Selenium or other UI automation tools
- SQL databases
- Nice to have:
- Integration experience
- Previous experience with Selenium or other tools
- Scripting or automation using Python, Bash, Java, etc
- AWS, GCP, OCI (cloud providers)
Education and Training: (In progress) Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or Management Information Systems
Okta’s Intern Program
As an intern, you’ll do real work that matters. While you’re on board, you’ll work on meaningful projects and have an opportunity to see what working at Okta is all about. You’ll also have the support of your mentor and manager to help you develop new skills.
Our interns have the opportunity to build a strong community - with their fellow interns, within their teams, and with the broader company. We want you to grow professionally and you’ll do that through participating in events like our Executive Speaker Series and Brown Bags. And of course, we want you to have fun too.
Interns may choose the format of their internship: either in-person at one of our Okta offices, or virtually. We give our interns the opportunity to choose the option that best suits their needs.
We offer 12 week internships in the U.S. in the Summer and 16 week co-ops in Canada.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.