Manager, Renewals APJ
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Manager will lead a small team of skilled Renewal Managers. Your team is responsible for the renewals across the APJ region. They work closely with our customers and partners to negotiate and execute renewal contracts. Your KPIs are to support the team in maintaining high renewal rates and identifying growth opportunities.
The Renewals leader will use their experience to mentor and coach team members to perform their best work and support them through their career journey. You will upskill the team by building playbooks, improving negotiation skills, and developing tactics to enhance the Customer Experience. You are a problem solver who looks for efficiencies to help the team.
In your role, you will utilise analytical skills and work with the Ops team to understand our customer's growth and churn trends, using insights to avoid potential challenges. You will collaborate with global peers and align on yearly goals. You will use these insights to develop an APJ strategy, enabling the team to reach their targets and cater to our ANZ, Asia, and Japan Geos and sales segments.
Although renewals are only part of a customer's lifecycle, the role of the Renewals leader is to collaborate across all other functions. You share insights and drive initiatives aligned to mutual team goals through this collaboration.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Renewals Leader, you will be pivotal in building and leading a diverse and highly skilled team. You'll coach and nurture team members, ensuring their personal and professional growth. You will support the team in fostering a strong, inclusive culture that values collaboration, innovation, and excellence.
In this role, you will represent APJ renewals to local and global leadership, participating in meetings across various time zones. You will develop a team vision and effectively communicate to cross-functional teams to drive collaboration and maximise success. Aligned to Okta’s culture and be an active participant in building the team culture. You will lead by our value ‘Empower Our People’ by caring and supporting our teams to boost their careers and maximise their potential. Be an authentic leader and a good listener, as you will be leading team members from different cultures and different languages across APJ, and dealing with customers from equally diverse backgrounds.
Performance & Operations:
Your responsibilities include building reports, analysing data, recognising trends, and developing insights. You will support the team in forecasting 120 days in advance, allowing time for steps to mitigate churn. You will also be able to scale our impact on the team by innovating tools and processes with a mindset of continuous improvement.
Customers & Strategy:
In this role, you will build reusable assets that enhance the customer experience and deliver tangible business value. Developing deal strategies to increase revenue and minimise churn will be essential. Furthermore, you will create short-term and long-term plans, enabling the business to stay ahead of environmental blockers and adapt proactively to industry change. You can learn Okta solutions to handle CXO customer conversations and escalations confidently. You have experience working with our diverse customer base across Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia, Japan and India. It is important to understand our customer's cultural norms and adapt your working style to engage customer executives and lead our team to do the same.
Collaboration & Program Management:
You will be responsible for developing and executing high-impact programs of work that positively impact our customers across their 365-day lifecycle. This will involve close collaboration with cross-functional teams, creating shared goals, and bringing people together to deliver initiatives that drive business expansion.
If you're a dynamic leader passionate about fostering growth, driving innovation, and building strong, collaborative teams, this role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to our business's expansion journey. Join us in shaping the future of our region.
Skills required for this role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of solutions-focused strategic thinking with the ability to act tactically in a high-velocity, agile company.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills and a proven track record of influencing senior stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data insights to inform solutions to complex business challenges.
- Experience driving customer retention and/or growth within a high-growth company is preferred.
- Experience working in the renewals field would be an advantage.
- Experience with leading people, with strengths in mentoring and coaching.
- Demonstrable experience in attracting and building high-performing, revenue-focused teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build relationships at all organisational levels and across regions.
- 5%-10% travel required within APJ and America
- You look to improve your team's performance every day, and you have introduced examples of innovations that improve team outcomes and performance.
- Some knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space is a bonus.
Okta's Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles guiding our company's actions. They also align strongly with our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. We expect that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet their career and the organisation's goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under challenging circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.