Commercial Renewals Manager
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Commercial Renewals Manager will work closely with internal resources to develop strategies to attain successful customer renewals and maximize customer usage. They will be responsible for achieving goals for renewal rate, growth, and term length. They will work directly with the clients on some accounts, and in partnership with both our Sales and Customer Success/TAM teams on other accounts. The key to success in this role is the ability to be incredibly strategic with all internal teams to help in identifying challenges in successful renewals.
As an Okta Renewals Manager you will:
- Manage all aspects of the subscription renewal process for a defined set of customers to maintain and grow Okta revenue, drive long-term agreements, and ensure continuous access to Okta products and services.
- Lead pricing strategy and negotiations for 30-40 renewals and $2M+ in ARR each financial quarter
- Convey the value proposition for Okta product subscriptions, technical support, and other services and reinforce the value the customer has experienced in their existing contract
- Collaborate with the assigned Customer Success Manager, Account Executive and relevant management to develop and execute renewals strategy, improve product adoption, and address churn risk in the business
- Provide timely proposals and quotes in line with terms of customer and/or partner agreements
- Work closely with Finance and Legal teams to ensure all contracts meet customer and Okta needs
- Track and maintain customer data and renewal information in Okta systems, including Salesforce and Gainsight
- Accurately forecast renewal pricing, timing, and risks
- Work on assigned projects and take initiative to improve the way our team operates
- Travel to London HQ once a quarter for Team Enablement and planning sessions
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 3-5 years of direct renewals experience in current role
- Comfort in planning/negotiating 30-40 deals per quarter ranging from $30K - $200K across multiple EMEA regions
- Ability to tactfully close deals with a high degree of integrity and independence
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to organise, prioritise, complete activities and meet deadlines on a daily basis
- Requires ability to withstand and balance frequent and intense pressure as a result of demanding workload and must be able to maintain a positive and professional manner throughout
- Experience recording information in Salesforce and previous experience of DocuSign
- Team player who enjoys assisting where needed and finding creative ways to help
- High activity level, enthusiastic, self-motivated, tenacious
- Proven influencer and negotiator with procurement all the way to C-Level
You might also have:
- German or Dutch language skills
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.