Senior Software Engineer, IAM Organizations
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Okta CIC is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
The Organizations team is expanding Okta CIC to help B2B SaaS applications easily manage access for their own customers and partners, at scale. We make it possible for hundreds of millions of enterprise SaaS users to log in with the right set of permissions within the right context every month, and are building on top of that to make logging in and managing organizations more flexible and delightful to use.
If you like taking hard problems at scale and making them simpler and enjoy solving both customer and technical challenges we can’t wait to talk to you.
What you will get to do:
- Design and deliver powerful new functionality for our SaaS customers - we work on the login flow, the management functionality of B2B SaaS users and permissions, and anything in between.
- Help ensure our services and functionality can handle traffic at large scale with strict SLAs.
- Help make our codebase and architecture better - balancing the trifecta of performance, maintainability and operability to help us get to even bigger scale faster.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers on sound engineering practices.
You are a good fit for this role if:
- You have 5+ years of software development experience.
- You have worked on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- You have experience and an eye for good engineering practices and testing, and love to share them.
- You can work autonomously but don’t shy away from pairing and working with others, and know when to ask for help.
- You are a good mentor and communicator, and bring the rest of your team along for the journey.
- You have experience with Docker and running SaaS applications in cloud environments (AWS and Azure preferred).
Bonus points for:
- IAM/OAuth2 experience.
- Understanding and experience of DevOps culture. We have infrastructure teams that build interfaces for product teams but we love working with engineers who can reason about the workings under the covers - and roll their sleeves up to write some terraform, if need be.
- Knowledge of security engineering and application security.
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers.
- Experience with other languages, Go in particular we don’t use it on our team but it is part of the wider tech stack.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.