Senior Manager Customer Support
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Are you a visionary leader that likes to build and develop high performing teams? Are you a tireless customer champion? If so, we want you as the Sr Manager of Technical Support at Okta.
The Okta Customer Support Team is focused on making Okta customers, developers and partners successful by advocating on their behalf, resolving technical issues and challenges, and maintaining the high-quality service they expect.
As the Sr Manager, you will grow, develop and motivate a team of technical experts and lead day-to-day operations of the Support team. Day-to-day operations includes facilitating the resolution of most cases, spearheading engagement with development engineering. The ultimate outcomes you’ll be contributing to are an unparalleled customer experience coupled with excellent efficiency and efficacy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver excellent partner and customer satisfaction and meet/exceed all operational and satisfaction targets.
- Build tools and processes that proactively identify the need for intervention and reactively respond to situations requiring technical assistance.
- Lead engagement with the Development Engineering team, including bug reporting/resolution processes.
- Conduct case reviews to help accelerate closure of support cases and to identify case handling issues; provide feedback to engineers and management, as needed.
- Build a team and deliver against people goals, such as employee growth, retention, and satisfaction.
- Ensure team readiness for supporting new products and services.
- Measure, maintain and improve delivery processes to increase efficiency and customer experience.
- Plan staffing requirements and hire skilled team members to meet business goals.
- Provide regular employee coaching and on-going guidance to help employees achieve career development aspirations.
- Analyze data and surface insights from escalations to advocate on behalf of customers, drive decision making to improve products and processes, and drive long term customer and partner loyalty.
- Participate in production incident on-call rotation
- Partner with escalations team to drive high priority escalated customer issues to resolution
- 7+ years of experience in technical support and 3+ years in a managerial capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline or relevant professional experience.
- A strategic thinker, able to come up with out of the box solutions, while also having strong operational excellence skills to be able to drive strong execution of the team’s vision and operational metrics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and be effective at collaborating with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to influence others, including those outside of the immediate team.
- Ability to handle conflict and drive agreement on decisions for which conflicting opinions and input exist.
- Strong, data driven problem resolution and decision-making skills.
- Ability to pro-actively identify risks and dependencies and put in place plans to mitigate them.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the conviction to “do the right thing” under stress, high tension and tight deadlines.
- Experience with, or understanding of, large scale software deployments.
- Must be a strong leader with the ability to attract, motivate, retain and develop people.
- Familiarity with the security or identity management industry is a strong plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.