Sales Development Representative
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is looking for an Sales Development Representative (SDR) to prospect target accounts to set opportunities that generate demand for our sales organization.
The SDR role is a great opportunity to kick-start your sales and marketing career here at Okta and help drive demand for our market-leading cloud adoption and management solution. We are looking for an individual who is curious and motivated. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills. A strong candidate is flexible with change, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and eager to begin a career in Sales and Marketing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospecting for new business opportunities via outbounding initiatives.
- Qualify, nurture and develop a volume of inbound leads on set target accounts.
- Generate sales-ready meetings and opportunities for the Account Executives.
- Research contacts and generate demand through call and email campaigns.
- Utilize active listening skills to uncover customer needs and business outcomes.
- Consistently achieve quota by hitting call, email, and meeting targets.
- Willingness to collaborate with other members of the sales and marketing organization to drive deals forward.
- Attend in-person and online marketing events to represent the xDR Organization.
- Use and maintain our SaaS toolkit (SDFC, Outreach etc) to keep data accurate.
- Achieve and exceed monthly set quotas of qualified opportunities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous sales development experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet that need with a successful product sale
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.