Senior Specialist, Product Public Relations
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Senior Specialist, Product Public Relations
Okta is seeking a Senior PR Specialist to tell Okta’s Customer Identity story.
The ideal candidate has a strong passion for media relations and storytelling. Candidates should be strong communicators and writers with a journalistic sense of the world, thriving in a dynamic environment and moving quickly to identify the strategies, sources, and mediums to tell Okta’s Customer Identity story. Candidates should be comfortable collaborating across the organization, leading the development and execution of a compelling pitch, working with everyone from senior leadership to deeply technical engineers.
Candidates must have a proven track record of storytelling, crafting engaging narratives, leading creative initiatives, cultivating relationships, and driving results through direct media interactions and through agency partners. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Product Communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with top-tier consumer and technology media to tell Okta’s Customer Identity story
- Prioritize timely stories and angles based on market trends/news while maintaining a pipeline of longer-term storylines and initiatives;
- Become a trusted outside-in voice for the product, product marketing, analyst relations, and solutions marketing teams
- BA/BS in Journalism, Communications, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated success in consumer or technology PR and storytelling
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to stakeholders;
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of employees, including senior leaders;
- Highly motivated self-starter with experience sourcing stories;
- 3-5+ years of experience in PR journalism, communications, or content creation preferred;
- Proven track record of securing top-tier media coverage
- Strong communication, presentation, and executive presence skills;
- Strong critical thinking and team-first mentality.
- Consumer PR experience is a strong plus but not required
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.