GL Accounting Supervisor, Consolidations
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
GL Accounting Supervisor - Consolidations
We are in search of a top tier GL Accounting Supervisor who is highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for supervising the work of assigned staff, supporting the month-end close process, SOX compliance control execution and quarterly / annual audit process, as well as identifying and driving project-based work to provide process efficiencies for the general ledger team. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, communicative, self-motivated team player with a solid working knowledge of US GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls. Additionally, this individual thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, collaborative environment to support our continued growth and success. This role will be required to work in the US (Pacific Time) hours, typically around 9:00pm-6:00am IST.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage and understand the corporate accounting close and consolidations, including but not limited to the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Lead the worldwide consolidation process, including intercompany cost plus, intercompany funding, intercompany settlements, allocations, and foreign exchange rates (FX)
- Own and maintain the Chart of Accounts and mapping changes between NetSuite and other financially systems
- Partner cross-functionally with Tax, Statutory reporting, Global GL, Revenue, AP, and SEC teams to coordinate close schedule and ensure timeliness of reporting
- Assist in preparing internal, statutory, and external financial reporting schedules
- Manage the efficient operation and maintenance of accounting systems,ensuring accuracy, data integrity, and adherence to GAAP
- Support the quarterly reviews and annual audit requests and inquiries from our external auditors
- Ad hoc accounting projects and requests, as needed
- Mentor, coach, build and develop the team
What you’ll bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree, emphasis in Accounting
- Experience in Intercompany, Consolidations, and FX required
- 10+ years working experience of combined public accounting and private industry at a publicly traded company
- With at least 3+ years supervisory experience
- Ability to work in a dynamic setting while maintaining accuracy and delivering against deadlines
- Hands on experience with supporting US Corporate headquarters
- Solid working knowledge and application of US GAAP, SEC regulations, and SOX/internal controls
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and organization skills
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Proficient with Google Workspace (Gmail, Sheets, Docs) and Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with NetSuite and/or other major ERPs (i.e., Oracle, SAP) preferred
- Experience with Technology company preferred
- CPA or CPA equivalent a plus
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.