Sr / Staff Software Engineer in Test, Machine Learning
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Software Engineer in Test, OIN App Platform
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications. Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com
The Software Engineer Opportunity
Okta is seeking an experienced Software Test Engineer for our App Platform Engineering team.As part of product quality engineering, we need to ensure product releases are done with highest quality and reliability. Automation at every level is key for faster, robust and secure releases. The ideal candidate has good experience in Java based automation development, worked with US based teams and has shown a passion to learn.
What you’ll be doing
- Automate API tests, End-to-End tests, reliability/scale tests
- Review requirements and design specs to develop relative test plans and test cases
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Clearly communicate and document QE plans for scrum teams to review and comment
- Automate all critical features to maintain zero-debt cadence
- Release features with solid quality to customers
- Respond to Production issues/alerts and customer issues during on-call rotation
What you’ll bring to the role
- 2+ years of quality engineering with knowledge and hands-on test automation experience
- 2+ years experience with Selenium and/or API testing (preferably in Java)
- Experience working with CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with development of high-quality automation and software tests
- Ability to test software with minimum supervision and guidance
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and provide input
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Working with a US based team is a plus
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.