Staff Software Engineer in Test
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer in Test to join our Identity Management Engineering (IDM) team.
The SET Opportunity
This team is passionate about delivering large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced Agile environment. In this role you'll be working with a team of highly-skilled and talented engineers, responsible for delivering sophisticated backend solutions that help Okta reliably operate at large scale and be highly available. As part of the team, you’ll be ensuring projects are completed with the highest quality and reliability using automation at every level for fast, robust and secure releases.
What you’ll be doing
- Review requirements and design specs to develop relative test plans and test cases
- Automate API tests, end-to-end tests, reliability/scale tests
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Communicate and document QE plans for scrum teams to review
- Review application code, identify bug and other areas of weakness, architect tools for future coverage
- Automate all critical features to maintain zero-debt cadence
- Release features with solid quality
- Respond to production issues/alerts and customer issues during on-call rotation
- Be a strong customer advocate with a strong quality DNA.
What you’ll bring to the role
- 5+ years of QE experience preferably in an enterprise SaaS company
- 3+ years experience in quality engineering for enterprise level software.
- 5+ years of experience in Java-based automation development
- Familiarity with automation tools - Selenium, TestCafe, Postman, Jmeter, Splunk, AWS toolset.
- Expertise in test planning and cross team collaborative efforts.
- Experience working with distributed systems at large scale
- Able to write and review designs and code with other team members
- Able to deliver well-designed high-quality code on time
- Experience with APIs, automation experience for a SAAS product
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Experience with Google, Salesforce, Active Directories/LDAP integrations is a huge plus.
- Experience with Performance testing is a huge plus
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.