Senior Learning Facilitator
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
As a Senior Learning Facilitator, you help drive organizational capability through the facilitation of Okta University’s learning and development solutions. We see this role as an opportunity to contribute greatly to the company’s culture of learning and actively influence the way things are done. As part of the Okta Business College team, they will support their mission to provide learning to employees at all levels that are easy to access, discover, and consume to accelerate individual and organizational success. The ideal candidate will have experience designing, developing and implementing impactful programs as well as facilitating training for diverse audiences, while working collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate Okta University’s in-person and virtual workshops to develop the professional capabilities and skills of employees at all levels.
- Manage virtual and in-person sessions with 25+ participants, as well as any pre- and post-session activities.
- Facilitate using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, breakout sessions, demonstrations, team exercises, group discussions, video, lecture, polls, experiential activities, etc.
- Collaborate with Director L&D to develop innovative learning solutions to support various learning needs of the business.
- Produce marketing collaterals for programs & initiatives driven by Okta University.
- Develop/design dynamic and impactful learning through multiple delivery channels: synchronous and asynchronous, Digital formats, and Hybrid.
- Reviewing and evaluating existing programs to make recommendations for enhancements, revisions, and re-design.
- Manage one-off requests for team development engagements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of learning and development experience, including analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation with an ability to adapt content and conversations to meet the unique needs of your audience.
- 5+ years experience in L&D or talent development at a global organization
- Experience working in the technology industry & working remotely to HQ, as well as working across multiple global regions and cultures.
- Facilitation and design skills, with an ability to adapt content and conversations to meet the unique needs of your audience, this includes in-person and live Zoom facilitation.
- Strong organizational, project management, and communication skills.
- Formal knowledge of instructional design and curriculum management along with practical application of Adult Learning Theory and instructional design principles.
- As part of the interview process, candidates will present a 20-minute workshop to a small panel, using existing training materials.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.