Scrum Lead, Business Technology
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are looking for a Business Technology Scrum Lead that will report into the Senior Director, Strategy and M&A.
As a Business Technology (BT) Scrum Lead, you will be responsible for facilitating scrum events across multiple teams. You will have strong scrum/agile experience, be a motivated self-starter and have experience working in a SaaS environment. This role requires a people-oriented approach with a high level of emotional intelligence, a desire to help team members grow and the ability to maintain transparency and collaboration in a fast changing and sometimes ambiguous environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the Scrum Team(s) in being Agile with a focus on a product-driven organization embracing a customer-focused product operating model
- Facilitate and support all Scrum events, removing impediments, coaching and onboarding team members
- Ensure critical blockers are removed and all parties are informed
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Guide the Scrum Team and others to understand Scrum values, principles, and practices. Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- Partner with the Product Owner and Delivery team to understand priorities, groom the backlog, and set and deliver on sprint commitments
- Partner with Technical Program Managers to manage cross-functional programs with co-dependencies
What you’ll bring to the role
- 3+ years’ experience running multiple scrum teams in a SaaS environment
- 3+ years’ experience coaching and mentoring technical Scrum teams
- Excellent knowledge of Agile Software Development
- Excellent knowledge of Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence) and/or other work management/collaboration tools
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in working with collaboration Tools (Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Lucid)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and think quickly to resolve roadblocks
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and influence without authority
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
- Exposure and/or knowledge of Business Systems such as Salesforce, Financial Management, Workday, etc
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Graduate coursework a plus
- Scrum Leader certification preferred (CSM, A-CSM, etc)
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.