Senior / Staff Software Engineer in Test
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test. A team oriented individual who can demonstrate working independently, as an individual contributor. Detail oriented and methodical in approaching tasks with excellent research and analytical skills.
An ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about automation & applying those automation skills in testing, cloud native, large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment while partnering with cloud Infrastructure teams. Okta engineering strongly believes in automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation software.
This role is mainly focused on automation of cloud infrastructure testing, including bespoke solutions to reduce toil for our SREs. The QA team works closely with Technical Operations and Engineering Leadership to deliver high quality solutions and as such requires excellent communication & technical skills.
As a Staff Software Engineer in Test you will:
- Work with multiple teams in Scrum/Agile environment within Cloud Operations domain
- Provide Quality Assurance and Testing Services to our SREs (Site Reliability Engineers) and cross functional teams
- Interface with SREs, Product Management & Customer Support teams
- Build tools to facilitate QA/testing tasks therefore removing manual effort - we wage war against manual testing
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing of software applications and systems
- Develop and execute test cases, test plans, and test scripts
- Participate in the software development process to identify defects and ensure timely resolution
- Collaborate with developers to reproduce and diagnose software issues
- Identify areas for improvement in the software development process
- Learn new technologies and techniques to stay current with industry trends and advancements
- Provide on-call support for our SaaS platform
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience of working on cloud providers e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure. Ideally certified
- 5+ years of experience as a quality engineer or software engineer
- 2+ years of experience working in a SaaS based environment
- 5+ years of experience with some of the following technologies and services:
- Programming languages: golang, python, ruby, shell scripting
- Monitoring tools (Splunk/Datadog/Kibana)
- Containerization, Kubernetes & Terraform
- Linux based OS with proficient command line skills
- SQL & NoSQL databases
- 3+ years of experience with test automation development of integrated tests
- 3+ years of experience with developing and executing end to end or system test plans
- 2+ years of experience setting up and maintaining test configurations and lab environments
- On-call support, ideally is SaaS environment
- Experience to Chaos testing
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. in Comp Sci, Comp Engineering, Software Engineering or a closely related technical field, from a highly reputable institution
- Specialized training in: SDLC & any certifications in cloud technologies and programming languages will be desirable
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.