Site Reliability Engineer, Multi Cloud
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join Okta’s team. At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Okta’s Infrastructure Platform pillar. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skillful use of automation. We've created an integrated system that securely connects any person via any device to the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
This role is ideal for someone who not only enjoys working on large scale cloud production systems and gains pride from seeing those systems handle anything the internet can throw at them. This person will be a core team member of our multi-cloud initiative, brand new to Okta!
If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale with modern tooling, automation, testing, and tuning, then we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies the ethics of, “If you have to do something more than once, automate it,” and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools.
What you’ll be doing
- Core contributor driving Okta’s multi-cloud initiatives
- Design, build, and operate Okta's global production infrastructure
- Daily coding, scripting, and development - Go, Python, Ruby, Terraform, etc.
- Support a highly available and large scale multi-cloud environment as part of an on-call rotation
- Engage with engineering teams across the company, guiding and empowering them to adopt best practices for reliable and secure service deployment
- Collaborate on modernizing existing workloads, aligning them with our continuous platform improvements
- Identify manual processes and spearhead the development of cutting-edge automation tools to streamline operations
- Contribute to our mission of building a more robust, elegant, and scalable system through the creation of innovative tools, platform capabilities, and comprehensive documentation.
What we are looking for
- Experience with multi-cloud infrastructure is desired
- Expertise with GCP highly valued but not required if you have deep technical expertise with AWS
- Technical excellence with Kubernetes (GKE & EKS) deployments in either GCP or AWS cloud environments, and the ability to tackle containerization challenges for large, complex workloads
- A proven track record of successful SRE engagements, collaborating closely with engineering teams across a wide range of infrastructure domains
- Proficiency in distributed systems design, with a comprehensive understanding of failure modes, benefits, and potential drawbacks
- Strong expertise with production services in GCP and/or AWS
- Extensive experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible, or Puppet and infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform
- Strong proficiency in multiple programming languages, particularly Golang, Python, Ruby, or Java
- In-depth knowledge of various types of data stores, including both SQL and NoSQL
- Passionate about automation
- Background with Linux systems administration
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and IP protocols
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.