Staff Product Designer, IAM (Customer Identity)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta Customer Identity Cloud (CIC) builds the best Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) solution on the planet. Hands down. It was created for developers so that instead of focusing on identity, they can focus on their own innovative application ideas, for their own domains. It’s optimized for end users to minimize friction, and designed for security to keep applications, users, and organizations safe. CIC customers come in all sizes and shapes, many of them among the most recognized brands around the world. If you want to see the results of your work used by name brand customers and millions of users around the world, then CIC is the place where your dreams can be turned into reality.
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) product team at Customer Identity Cloud (formerly Auth0) creates and delivers the cutting edge identity solutions used by all our customers. This includes standards-based authentication using Auth0’s Universal Login feature set, self service flows for end-users, risk detection and response, cryptographic services, session management, user management, authorization, and more. As a member of the team, you will interact with the best and brightest identity product managers in the industry as well as with Customer Identity Cloud architects, engineers, the field team, product marketing, and customers to identify opportunities and prioritize work streams that will create the identity solutions of the future.
You will join a distributed and diverse Design team. You will be part of a team that includes Product, Design, and Engineering counterparts and will have direct impact throughout the product development lifecycle.
We are seeking a Staff Product Designer to join our IAM (Identity and Access Management) team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in helping our customers optimize their product to address Business to Consumer (B2C) and Business to Business (B2B) identity problems. Getting this right is of the utmost importance to our customers, because any friction or user experience pain we can smooth out means more accounts being created, more users logging in, and more sales or engagement.
Your responsibilities will involve collaborating with engineers and product managers to tackle intricate challenges in areas such as advanced user management, and configuring and leveraging the protocols that are used for data exchange between identity providers and applications. You will directly contribute to unlocking key value across our platform enhancing the journey that end-users experience when interacting with our products.
More specifically, you will be involved in owning design for initiatives like:
- Enabling capabilities for SCIM, an industry standard for synchronization and data exchange between identity products
- Managing the experience for Enterprise Federations, mechanisms that allow different organizations and identity products to establish trusted relationships and securely share information
- Refine and expand on our various identity protocol capabilities, making it easier for our users to use technologies like SAML, OpenID Connect, or OAuth to use our platform to set up identity and access management touchpoints in their applications
- Develop multi-quarter strategic design solutions alongside leadership across product, design, and engineering.
- Work closely with customers to understand the pain points in their conversion and activation funnels and drive solutions.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers and Engineers, prioritizing features and improvements, facilitating design discussions, and providing feedback.
- Own your team’s product design process from beginning to end.
- Define data and analytics to measure design solutions.
- Drive and participate in research, and communicate insights to help the team understand customer problems.
- Transform challenging workflows into simple, usable and elegant experiences for developers.
- Share work early and often and seek out constructive feedback from peers, product teams, and other stakeholders.
- Iterate on solutions based on direct and indirect stakeholder feedback.
- Partner with Engineering stakeholders to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Work together with designers on other product teams to keep work consistent, improve quality, and contribute to our team processes and principles.
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have experience building customer-lifecycle products (B2B), ideally designing products for developers
- Have experience working in a modern Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company, designing APIs, and/or working with both low- and high-code user experiences
- Have strong understanding of authentication methods
- Can distill complex problems into plain language and precise, simple, and delightful solutions
- Have an advanced understanding of UI/UX concepts and an exceptional eye for detail with a portfolio that showcases this understanding
- Communicate early ideas through flows and low fidelity sketches to facilitate discussions and get early feedback
- Make use of both qualitative and quantitative research in your design practice
- Have demonstrated experience designing polished, high-fidelity mockups and prototypes of your solutions using tools such as Figma
- Can work within an existing design system and also know when to break out and create new, extensible patterns
- Have experience with breaking complex design and product problems into small experiments to validate assumptions faster
- Have great written and verbal communication skills to help people across the company to understand the rationale behind your proposals
- Thrive in a remote working environment
- Bonus: Have an engineering background or front-end development experience
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.