Staff Software Engineer
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Directories Integration Team
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Directories Integrations engineering team that builds common services for importing and syncing user, device, and entitlement data. These features allow customers the flexibility to link or enhance their business processes with Okta’s identity management product. We are looking for smart, innovative, and passionate engineers to join the team and help craft the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
The Staff Software Engineer
You will be naturally curious, and share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with senior engineering team in major development projects, design and implementation
- Conduct code reviews, analysis and performance tuning
- Work with QA team to outline and implement comprehensive test coverage for broad features
- interface with Architects, QA, Product Owners, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams, Engineering Services, Technical Operations
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software component
What you’ll bring to the role
- 6+ years of software development experience building highly-reliable, mission- critical software
- Experience with object-oriented languages, e.g. Java and C#
- Experience with data stores, e.g. relational databases
- Experience with one or more of the following Directory services: Active Directory, LDAP
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience working with a system of scale
Nice to haves:
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Experience in TDD
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, etc
- Microsoft Azure management APIs, ADFS, Office 365 or Microsoft’s Directory Synchronization Tool
Education and Training:
B.S. Computer Science or related field
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.