Credit Collections Analyst (Night Shift)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The AR Team
The Accounts Receivable team is a dynamic resolution-based group. With upstream and downstream revenue impacts, the team builds relationships internal and external with critical business solutions for credit and collections.
The Credit Collections Analyst Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Credit, and Collections, this role will play a key role in the company’s financial success with responsibility for monitoring customer accounts receivable in North, Central, and South America and performing accounts receivable collection programs and activities. This person will have experience in business accounts receivable monitoring, payment application, and collection in high-growth international companies, preferably in business-to-business SaaS markets. This role implements the company’s collection policies and processes in communication and coordination with Accounting, Sales, Legal staff, and external collection agents. Must have the knowledge, experience, and capability to utilize technology in accounts receivable monitoring and collection processes.
This role will be required to work in the US (Pacific Time) hours, which is 9:30pm-6:30am IST.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure customer payment reminders and payment requests are generated and sent to customers in accordance with established timelines.
- Contact customers to request payments of past due invoices in accordance with established procedures. Update customer contact information and contact records timely for all collection efforts and communications.
- Coordinate with AR, Billing Team to research and resolve billing issues within target timelines identified in customer communications. Coordinate with Sales / Client Executives to communicate any issues relating to contracts, sales orders, software products and projects, and invoices that are identified in communications with customers.
- Follow up on selected customer payments received to the customer’s AR account daily.
- Prepare periodic past-due accounts receivable reports, including key AR and collections metrics for review by the Credit and Collections Manager. Review the reports to identify, research, and resolve any questionable AR or collections information.
- Compile and recommend to the Manager the delinquent customer accounts that should have an external collection agent engaged to assist in collection. Provide necessary customer and invoice information for past-due accounts assigned to external collection agents. Receive, review, and monitor periodic reports by external collection agents of collections results, activities, and status of accounts. Coordinate with AR Team as needed to process payments received for past due accounts assigned to external collection agents.
- Coordinate with the Manager, AR Team, Sales / Client Executives, and Legal as needed on negotiated settlements with customers with past due accounts receivable.
- Compile and recommend to the Manager, Credit, and Collections any delinquent customer accounts that are recommended for write-off in accordance with company policy.
- Utilize technology and industry-leading practices in the monitoring, payment processing, and collection of past-due accounts receivable.
- Contribute to continual automation, efficiency, and effectiveness of the company’s collections and AR past-due reporting processes.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as requested.
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of demonstrable experience in business customer accounts receivable collections.
- Experience in technology-driven cloud billing/payments/collection systems at scale
- Experience in triaging specific collections issues; proven record of successful collections
- Experience implementing collection policies and related practices in a worldwide setting
- General knowledge of accounting for receivables, allowance for doubtful accounts, write-offs, related general ledger entries, and GL account reconciliations.
- Strong organization skills and project management capabilities
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills in English. Fluency in Spanish or a second language is beneficial.
- Strong business relationship and collaboration skills with executives, business unit managers, staff, customers, and service providers
- Analytical mindset with an emphasis on identifying issues, exceptions, and trends in scalable processes
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Experience using NetSuite or comparable systems for billings and collections.
- Experience utilizing technology-driven collections systems/tools for collection activities, workflow management, and receivables/past due reporting.
- Experience utilizing SFDC for customer and sales information reporting
- Proficiency using Excel and Google Application Suite (Mail, Docs, Sheets)
- Experience using querying and database tools a plus
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.