Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Monitoring
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Workforce Identity Cloud- Monitoring and Observability
Okta Workforce Identity Cloud (WIC) provides easy, secure access for your workforce so you can focus on other strategic priorities—like reducing costs, and doing more for your customers.
This role is ideal for someone who not only enjoys working on large scale cloud production systems but gains pride from seeing those systems handle anything the internet can throw at them.
If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale with automation, testing, and tuning, then we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies the ethics of, “If you have to do something more than once, automate it,” and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools.
- Design, build and monitor Okta's global production infrastructure
- Respond to production incidents and determine preventive solutions
- Troubleshoot complex reliability and performance issues
- Automate manual processes, evolve our monitoring tools, and develop technical documentation
- Support a highly available and large scale online environment as part of an on-call rotation
- Extensive experience using and supporting at least one observability tool, such as Splunk, Datadog, or Grafana. Grafana/Prometheus experience especially desireable
- Familiar with Zabbix, Wavefront, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, or related tools
- Passionate about automation
- Experience in chatops tooling, Slack automation, PagerDuty integration
- Background with Linux systems administration and strong scripting skills in Python, Bash, Ruby, Go, etc.
- Experience supporting Docker containers and web applications running on Java / Apache / Tomcat in a live production environment
- Strong expertise with production services in AWS such as EC2, ECS, KMS, Kinesis, CloudWatch
- Strong working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Previous experience with automating systems and infrastructure via Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and IP protocols
- Experience with multi-cloud infrastructure is desired
- Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.