Senior Software Engineer, Okta Personal
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Today there are millions of websites, mobile apps, and API services in the world, and most of these depend on identity as a key layer to deliver value. However the end user experiences for creating, managing and using one’s identity on these apps and services have not significantly changed in the last two decades. Users are still dealing with hundreds of usernames and passwords to proxy their relationships with businesses. As Okta, we believe the users are ready for a better experience, and our goal is to fundamentally rethink and redefine what the future of identity looks like across the Internet.
We are a small, agile and growing team of talented engineers, who are bringing Okta’s expertise and experience in identity to the personal world. With emphasis on a consumer-first mindset, we leverage rapid iteration and ongoing experimentation to build the best product for our users. Working cross-functionally with Product, Design, Research and others, we depend on our ability to communicate openly and collaborate well. We’re looking for great engineering talent to build this team with us to help define the future of personal identity on the internet, and make digital living safe and seamless for everyone.
You are a good fit for this role if you:
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Have 5+ years of software development experience.
- Have experience with unit/integration/end to end/performance testing.
- Have a good understanding of design-patterns, scalability patterns, security engineering and object-oriented principles.
- Are autonomous and have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Pay attention to details and keep user experience a top priority.
- Value owning problems and solutions from start to finish, including driving collaboration with Product and Design.
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, cross-functional, remote friendly environment.
Bonus points if you:
- Have 1+ years of experience in identity and access management (IAM) domain (FIDO, U2F, WebAuthn, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
- Have some experience with Backbone.js and Chrome Extension development
- Have some experience with Spring and Java on the backend.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.