Manager, Foreign Tax Compliance & Reporting
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is searching for a Foreign Tax Compliance & Reporting Manager to join its global tax team and lead Okta’s foreign (non-US) income tax compliance and reporting function. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team builder with strong organization and project management skills.
Our Tax team serves a central part in the success of our business. We are currently looking for an experienced Tax Manager to join our team. In this role, you will need to:
- Be proficient in leading foreign income tax compliance and reporting encountered by multinational technology corporations
- Manage business-critical projects and workflows involving multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment,
- Communicate well with cross-functional business partners with varying backgrounds and levels of experience,
- Be a self-starter with deep technical experience,
- Keep up on tax policy matters,
- Be a strategic thinker who can problem solve and innovate in a evolving business,
- Build strong relationships within Tax and across the organization,
The position is based in Bengaluru, India and will report to the Senior Manager, Global Tax Compliance and Reporting (US West Coast-based).
- Manage the company’s non-US income tax compliance and statutory tax provisions across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, including management of service providers/accounting firms
- Review foreign corporate income tax returns, extensions, and estimated payments
- Assist with managing income tax audits and notices
- Review annual statutory tax provisions and tax disclosures, including liaising with the International Accounting team (UK/Ireland-based)
- Assist with preparation and/or review of portions of foreign entity US GAAP tax provisions, including return-to-provision adjustments and other tasks as needed
- Assist Transfer Pricing team (US-based) with ensuring statutory financials properly account for transfer pricing adjustments in accordance with the Company’s global transfer pricing policies
- Assist with special tax projects as they arise, such as tax planning, legal entity rationalization, acquisitions, and new entity formation initiatives as needed
- Assist with administrative duties, including approving service provider invoices, budgeting, department planning, and hiring
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or similar discipline
- At least 5 years of multinational corporate tax experience with a public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to drive projects to timely completion while managing multiple competing priorities
- Experience managing direct reports and/or external service providers
- Proactive communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical tax issues to US-based team providing oversight
- Strong analytical skills and high standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to identify issues and implement solutions
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong English language proficiency (verbal and written)
- You embrace and advocate the Okta culture
- Masters in Tax or Accounting or Law Degree
- At least 3 years of multinational corporate tax experience with a public accounting firm and at least 2 years experience in multinational corporate tax department
The ideal candidate will work as part of a high-performance culture built around autonomy and responsibility.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.