Staff Software Engineer, Resiliency
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Engineering Opportunity
We are looking for top notch back end software engineers who solve some of the hardest problems in Okta Engineering and own the reliability of our growing Identity as a Service Platform. This platform lays the foundation with multitude of common services like caching, DB clustering and async frameworks that rest of the engineering teams build on. This multi-faceted team evaluates and adopts new technologies, builds innovative frameworks, crafts new microservices and tunes the platform that help Okta provide a reliable, robust and responsive service to our customers. The projects these engineers work on are impactful and highly visible presenting excellent growth opportunities and breadth of experience across various technologies. We're cloud native, where redundancy, multi-tenancy, scale, resource optimization and resiliency are first class citizens.
You'll be joining a team of highly skilled and talented team players who're proud of what they own and deliver. Our elite team is fast, creative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, new technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with engineering teams to design, develop and deliver cloud-based infrastructure projects that will solve reliability issues and help Okta’s service scale
- Champion innovative and scalable solutions across the engineering organization
- Drive evaluation, development and roll out of new technologies/frameworks
- Conduct design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards by writing unit and functional tests.
- Implement unit and functional tests
- Collaborate with Architects, QA, Product Owners, Engineering Services, Tech Ops
What we are looking for
- Demonstrated history of architecting, implementing, tuning and debugging global cloud software and infrastructure
- Extensive programming experience in an object-oriented programming language like Java, especially in backend services.
- Significant experience of working with MySQL or equivalent relational database systems
- Experience with AWS, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes and Docker or similar technologies
- Passion for following best practices in software engineering
- Experience with enterprise SaaS
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Previous experience in a platform reliability role will be nice to have
- Education and Training: Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent; master's preferred
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.