Growth Product Manager
Neon is an open-source company on a mission to create a cloud-native Postgres database service for every developer.
We are growing our Product Team and are looking for an experienced Growth Product Manager with a focus on products for engineering teams. In this role, you will be pivotal in shaping our user journey, driving customer onboarding, activation, and conversion. If you are passionate about data-driven decision-making, optimizing user experiences, and driving customer activation and conversion, this role is perfect for you.
Location: US East Coast/ Europe
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (DevRel, Sales, Marketing) to define and track key performance metrics related to user acquisition, activation, and conversion.
- Analyze the user journey, from initial onboarding to conversion, and identify areas for improvement.
- Take ownership of the first days of a user journey and ensure a seamless and engaging experience. Implement strategies to improve user onboarding, reduce friction, and enhance user satisfaction during initial interactions with our product.
- Continuously monitor and improve conversion rates throughout the user journey. Collaborate with Product Engineering and Design teams to implement changes that enhance conversion at key touch points.
- Regularly analyze user behavior and engagement data to uncover insights and trends. Use these insights to make informed decisions and iterate on growth strategies.
- Create and deliver regular reports on growth metrics and initiatives to company leadership. Clearly communicate progress, challenges, and opportunities to stakeholders.
We’re looking for someone who has
- Proven experience as a Growth Product Manager for a technology product (preferably a product for application developers) with a track record of driving growth and optimization.
- Previous exposure to and understanding of product-led growth strategies, including alignment with Go-to-Market (GTM) teams.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on driving measurable outcomes.
- A deep understanding of user-centered design principles and user experience best practices.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with distributed cross-functional teams.
It's a bonus if you have
- Engineering background (e.g., you wrote some code before)
- Experience in a big company with several hundred/ thousand people in Engineering
Neon is building open-source cloud-native PostgreSQL. Our architecture separates storage from compute, allowing for stateless and serverless Postgres. We’re a well funded startup with deep knowledge of Postgres internals and decades of experience building databases. We are a systems company; we work on low-level code with strict performance and correctness requirements.
Neon was created by a team of Postgres hackers, and led by CEO Nikita Shamgunov (co-founder of SingleStore). Neon is built on open-source principles and is focused on giving back to the Postgres and developer communities.
- We are a distributed team of 65 people working from 23 countries (concentrating around North America and Europe time zones)
- We are a team built on open sources cultural principles (transparency, contribution, accountability, proactivity)
- Team with decades of experience building databases and deep knowledge of Postgres internals. We are deeply technical
- We have experienced Postgres committers and hackers on the team (check Heikki, Anastasia, Arseny, Matthias profiles)
- We believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source
- We aim for a diversity of thoughts and backgrounds
- We are keen to be a fast-moving flat org and avoid hierarchical structures
- Top-tier investors backed up Neon's vision:
- We raised $104 million in funding from Menlo Ventures, GGV, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, Founders Fund.
- Venture vehicles of Snowflake and Databricks invested in Neon.
- Our angels investors are prominent technologists, and ecosystem players. More than 20 awesome angels supported Neon, including Nat Friedman, Elad Gil, Mike Ovitz, Ajeet Singh, Guillermo Rauch, Søren Brammer Schmidt, and Wes McKinney.
- Our Board includes Quentin Clark, Glenn Solomon, Joe Morrissey, and Tim Tully.
- You have an opportunity to be an early employee in the fast-scaling ambitious team
- You can work 100% remote: we'll handle all formalities to arrange work from your home
- We pay top of the market in most parts of the world
- We grant equity (stock options) for all full-time hires
- We offer a competitive benefits package in line with all tech companies (top-notch equipment, unlimited vacations, paid parental leaves, and much more)
- We are distributed, yet make our bonds during regular offsites (the last one was in Cyprus)