Hardware Test Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Quality Assurance
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2023
Natron Energy is looking for a Hardware Test Engineer to assist the product team in key testing and product development.
- Develop comprehensive firmware and hardware test plans encompassing error, normal, and corner cases.
- Collaborate with firmware, software, and systems engineers to define testing requirements for both system and software/firmware components.
- Conduct system testing for the Product Team, ensuring comprehensive coverage.
- Perform UL1998 testing and meticulously document the results.
- Assist in UL1973 hardware testing as needed and document procedures accordingly.
- Generate detailed Bug/Test reports and update Jira tickets.
- Maintain up-to-date test scripts and documentation in collaboration with other team members.
- Identify hardware requirements for test automation and contribute to test framework development.
- Develop Automated testing using LabVIEW/Python and develop test fixtures.
- Actively participate in team meetings and collaborate effectively with cross-disciplinary engineers.
- Continuously learn new skills and technologies, applying them, as necessary.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, electronics, computer engineering or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in system testing
- LabVIEW development experience. Selecting the components and required hardware for test automation.
- Experience in Developing electrical hardware for test fixtures.
- Experience working at the hardware/software interfaces.
- Able to work with electrical, mechanical and firmware engineers in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Experienced in managing detailed test plans and improving test efficiency in engineering and production phases.
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience with high voltage systems (400V+) Battery technology would be a plus.
- Experience Software development life cycle.
- Experience in UL, industrial, medical, automotive, or similar certification testing procedures would be a big plus.
- Experience in Embedded test frameworks.
- Experience in Python.
- BMS experience is a plus.
- Able to operate and manage power tools.
- No physical limitations to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including Arc Flash protective clothing, face shields, & respirators when required.
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 50 pounds during certain services.
- This is a full-time role working out of Natron’s Santa Clara office.
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $125,000 and a maximum of $147,000 annually.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Our battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Our initial products target markets exceeding twenty-five billion dollars including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. We have additional products in development for larger markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Our products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes all from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com