Senior Process Engineer
holland, mi, usa
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Natron Energy is seeking a Process Engineer to support production and aid in the ramp up of our novel battery manufacturing operations. Critical activities include process development, yield improvement, troubleshooting, introducing and qualifying new processes and equipment, determining robust operating conditions for all processes to facilitate transfer to contract manufacturers, and assisting contract manufactures with absorbing Natron Energy processes. Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement with thoughtful, collaborative and disciplined execution is a must.
- Initiate and lead projects for process improvement in the fabrication/assembly of battery electrodes and cells.
- Support new product introduction and sustaining product process optimizations.
- Work effectively with cross functional teams to implement new equipment, fixtures, and procedures to improve quality, yield, uptime, cycle time and throughput.
- Perform DOE, process capability, PFMEA, cycle time studies and line balancing activities.
- Develop, update and maintain process documentation and SPC based manufacturing control plan for good manufacturing execution and product transfer to other sites.
- Analyze and plan workforce utilization, space/tools requirements, workflow, design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency in accordance with Lean manufacturing principles.
- Work with production and other services Team members to determine root causes of product defects, poor product performance, line down time.
- Lead project/subprojects
Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in an industrial environment in manufacturing chemicals, batteries, cell, energy systems, Semiconductor, FPD, PCB, Solar or other electrochemical hardware systems.
- Fluency in Six Sigma problem-solving method and tools including DOE, fishbone, FMEA, Control Charts and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated experience solving process yield, throughput and product quality problems.
- This is a regular, full-time position.
- Employees must work on site in Holland, MI.
- Compensation is competitive with other West MI based manufacturing/process engineering positions.
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com