Senior Procurement Specialist
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Natron Energy seeks a Senior Procurement Specialist to carry out procurement activities, especially with the company's CapEx investments.
This person will support the company by purchasing goods and services, engaging vendors and suppliers, and implementing procurement systems. This person is a strong collaborator who is able to engage internal and external stakeholders to rapidly address supply and sourcing constraints. Qualified applications have significant prior experience as a buyer for programs involving hardware device manufacturing, preferably in the field of batteries. The person for this position has a positive attitude, collaborates well, and does what it takes to get the job done.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and vendors to develop component specifications, compile forecasts for vendors, and assist operations in managing the impact of supply constraints
- Explore market opportunities to reduce costs by identifying, engaging, and negotiating with existing and new vendors and suppliers
- Assess and evaluate suppliers with supplier performance reviews to ensure compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Source and assess quotations from potential suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders with selected suppliers to meet organizational targets and requirements
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
- Maintain active communication with vendors and stakeholders to rapidly identify and communicate changes in the supply of goods critical to company operations
- Participate in supply/inventory reviews and communicate possible risks, shortfalls, and oversupply to the company’s demand forecast
- 7-10 years of procurement experience in manufacturing, including pilot to NPI manufacturing
- Proven supplier management experience, including supplier performance reviews
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes, components, and supply chain management
- Fluency in statistical problem-solving techniques as applied to procurement and manufacturing operations
- Experience with NetSuite and the associated system maintenance
- Experience working with contract manufacturers locally and internationally
- Proficiency in MS Office including advanced Excel skills
- This is a regular, full-time position, reporting to the VP of Supply Chain
- Employees must work onsite in Santa Clara in a full-time role
- Compensation is competitive with other Bay Area staff manufacturing procurement positions
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $121,500 and a maximum of $164,500.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org