Software Engineering, Data Science
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
The data team at Natron Energy is responsible for the collection, management, analysis, and distribution of all the battery manufacturing and test data. The data team drives one of the core principles of Natron Energy, rational decision-making, by providing data for every critical decision. As a data engineer on the data team, you will:
● Be part of a small team with ownership of data infrastructure for the entire company
● Work closely with many positions and teams across Natron Energy such as Analysts, Test Engineers, Process Engineers, Reliability, R&D etc.
● Own and develop robust and scalable solutions
● Contribute to the mission of building a company and a product to be proud of
Tech Stack: SQL, Python, Dagster, Fivetran, DBT, Big Query, Tableau, JMP
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or other data/software-related role
- Fluent in SQL and familiar with dimensional modeling
- Fluent in Python
- Fluent with version control software such as Git
- Has a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment and can deliver project deliverables on time
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering field.
- Experience with building data infrastructure to support high-volume manufacturing
- Experience with statistical analysis relevant to product development and/or manufacturing
- Familiar with dbt (data build tool)
- Familiar with Dagster, AirFlow or other similar data orchestration tools
- Familiar with cloud-based technologies like Big Query, Redshift, Snowflake etc.
- Familiar with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI etc.
- Compensation: competitive with other data engineer positions at pre-revenue Bay Area startup companies
- Hours and duration: permanent position, full time
- Location: Hybrid (Santa Clara, CA) or Remote
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $119,000 and a maximum of $161,000.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com