holland, mi, usa
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2023
Natron Energy in Holland, MI is seeking an EHS Manager to manage and create the company’s EHS programs along with leadership from the company’s California headquarters.
In this role, the EHS Manager will lead the site’s Environmental, Safety, Health aspects and build a safety-focused culture, maintain and establish EHS compliance, and lead and support risk assessments. He or she will collaborate with senior leadership on EHS initiatives including facilities, equipment including high power/high voltage electronics, kilo-lab and pilot scale materials production and processing, employee training and compliance, and reporting.
This person has significant prior experience as an EHS manager or engineer in establishing and maintaining EHS and workplace safety programs for an organization that operates electronics and/or chemistry labs. He or she has the prior experience and communication skills needed to coordinate effectively with local AHJs. The person for this position cares about building a safety culture and a company that is functionally successful, not merely in regulatory compliance.
- Promote a safety culture, environmental compliance, and best management practices across the organization.
- Works directly with all leadership and employees to foster a culture that recognizes safety as a core value.
- Implement and maintain the development of EHS programs utilizing the existing program deployment framework
- Monitors and measures the effectiveness of EHS programs, policies, and procedures, including oversight of assessments, improvement plans, tracking, and recommending corrective actions.
- Responsible for internal and external safety audits, including documentation, recommendations, and tracking/resolving major and minor non-conformities.
- Maintain effective communication with program directors and managers.
- Lead, develop, and maintain EHS initiatives and programs including those related to site permitting, chemical inventory oversight and handling, equipment installation and operation, and employee training.
- Creates EHS Natron Energy's Holland Facility regulations, and documentation; ensures that they are respected and guarantees the good application of its rules. Main objective: “0“ accident. Identifies the opportunities for improvement.
- Strong Project Management skills are required, with a proven ability to communicate effectively, influence, and lead across multiple functions to achieve desired results.
- Actively maintain safety training certifications of relevance to the company’s operations; schedule and coordinate employee safety training programs.
- Oversight of contractor activity through verification of prequalification program, safe work permits, contractor safety guidelines, daily walkthroughs, etc.
- Represent Natron Energy in a professional manner with regulatory matters.
- Performs and leads in emergency preparedness, including chemical, medical, and infrastructure response.
- Demonstrate the relentless pursuit to analyze the cause and effect of incidents, with a focus on near-miss events and property damage.
- Coordinate with senior leadership on EHS programs including training, audits, and compliance.
- Plan, develop, implement, and oversee EHS policies that are functionally successful in achieving a safe workplace while also adhering to OHS guidelines.
- Proactively and systematically assess EHS risks and develop and implement cost-efficient solutions.
- Coordinate with local AHJs during permitting, inspections, and audits.
- Oversight for maintaining emergency response equipment readiness, program development, performance monitoring of ERT responders.
- Thorough working knowledge of hazardous waste disposal.
Experience and Skills:
- 6 – 10 years working as an EHS professional in an industrial environment that included at least four (4) years in a manufacturing operation.
- Acts as a change agent, can critically make decisions, and prioritizes effectively to support management.
- Highly organized
- Expert knowledge of chemical safety hazards and safety risks analysis (HAZOP, PSM, PSSR, etc)
- This is a full-time on-site position in Holland, Michigan.
- Health & Safety certifications preferred (e.g., CSP, CIH, CHMM).
- Ability to travel 5% of the time (initial onboarding is at the company's California HQ).
- Compensation is consistent with similar positions at other local Manufacturing organizations.
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan with Match, Life Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Discretionary Time Off (DTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively, and 11 paid holidays.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $90,000 and a maximum of $120,000 annually.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org