Senior Failure Analysis Technician
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Natron Energy is seeking a Senior Failure Analysis (FA) Technician to support the development, test, and debugging of our high-power battery systems for data center UPS, EV charging, and other applications. The occupant of this position will work with the Reliability team, the Test team, and the Product Engineering team to own the failure analysis of all product- and component-level failures of samples tested for lifetime and short-term profiles. They will also collaborate with the Applications Engineering team to support field failures that return to us for trouble-shooting, among other duties.
This position requires extensive hands-on work and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude to get the job done. Position level and compensation commensurate with experience and background.
- Follow testing standard operating procedures to support testing needs of Reliability team
- Devise methods for failure analysis of product and components
- Build and prepare test fixtures and test articles, materials and equipment
- Set up and perform failure analysis tests of finished products and components
- Set up and perform long- and short-term Reliability and Compliance tests of finished products and components
- Log data from tests and generate reports
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as electronics, mechanical, and / or FA Technician
- Care and meticulousness when working with samples and when entering data
- Comfort in devising tests and techniques to survey failure points
- Strong experience executing and updating procedures
- A positive and team-first attitude
- Comfort in working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift and move equipment and products (assistive lifts available for heavier items)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in multi-team environment.
- Experience testing battery cells or other electronic devices
- Experience working with electro-mechanical products
- Experience with high-voltage items and batteries
- Proficiency in Excel
- A degree in a science or engineering field
- This is a regular, full-time position.
- Employees must work on-site in Santa Clara.
- Compensation is competitive with other Bay Area Senior Failure Analysis FA Technician positions.
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan, Life Insurance, and Flexible Time Off and Personal Time Off for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $73,000 and a maximum of $101,630 annually, or equivalent hourly pay.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault-tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up.
Unsolicited Resume Policy
Natron Energy, Inc. (“Natron Energy” or the “Company”) does not accept unsolicited resumes from professional recruiters, third-party recruiting or staffing agencies, placement services, or any other source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes, including partial resumes, candidate profiles, and candidate details or information, sent to Natron Energy or its personnel will be treated as public information provided free of any charges or fees.
Natron Energy will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, unless in connection with a written agreement with the Company then in effect. Such agreement must be pre-approved by Natron Energy and executed by an authorized representative of the Company. Natron Energy specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of an authorized representative of the Company.
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com