holland, mi, usa
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Natron Energy is seeking a Controls Engineer to support NPI, production and ramp up of its production electrode manufacturing and cell assembly line. Key process steps include electrode coating, slitting, calendering; pouch cell assembly, formation and testing. Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement with thoughtful, collaborative, and disciplined execution is a must.
Controls engineers at Natron are responsible for ensuring that our Holland plant creates the best battery components possible in the most efficient manner. You are highly analytical and use these skills to examine and improve processes in order to increase productivity.
- Analyze plant processes, design and implement improvements.
- Troubleshooting issues with hardware and processes.
- Plan preventative maintenance.
- Work with others to detect problems and implement solutions.
- Maintain quality and safety standards are upheld.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, electrical, manufacturing, or mechanical engineering preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in a related field.
- Technical proficiency in some software applications.
- Strong cause-effect analytical abilities to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up. The company has a strong leadership team that includes world-class C and VP level strategy, sales, operations, and technology executives.
· Founded in 2012 as a Stanford spin out
· Now selling the world’s first UL certified Na-ion product in $9B data center market, with $700k shipped and $1.5M booked
· First product (battery tray for in-rack power) is fully de-risked and sold out through Q1 2023
· Second product (ultra high-power battery rack services) launched in 2022
What differentiates Natron Energy from other battery companies?
Natron Energy solves the problems created by lead acid and lithium-ion technology:
· Higher power discharge and faster recharge
A smaller footprint for high power leaves more space to generate revenue
Fast recharge results in higher system uptime
· Industry leading service life
Tens-of-thousands of charge-discharge cycles enables real-time peak saving of volatile electrical loads
Predictable degradation without surprise failures
The only battery that cannot start a fire
Customers gain confidence and save on fire mitigation costs
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com
See more open positions at Natron Energy
Something looks off?