Battery Cell Process Development and Technology Transfer Engineer
holland, mi, usa
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Natron is seeking an experienced and accomplished Senior Engineer to support production and ramp of its battery electrode coating line and transfer of key processes into manufacturing. Critical activities include process development for anode and cathode mixing and coating using a pilot line in Holland MI, and transfer to a high volume manufacturing line in the same facility. Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement with thoughtful, collaborative and disciplined execution is a must.
The successful candidate will have over 5 years of experience implementing electrode mixing and coating processes onto manufacturing toolsets and demonstrated ability to map process windows.
- Transfer electrode mix and coat technologies between the development line in Santa Clara CA and the Pilot Line in Holland MI, and to the manufacturing toolset in the same facility.
- Perform DOE’s to establish process windows and process capability
- Implement and monitor process controls. Develop, update and maintain process documentation and SPC based manufacturing control plans.
- Sustain current line activities with a focus on quality control and yield improvement
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to implement new equipment, fixtures, and procedures to improve quality, yield, uptime, cycle time and throughput.
- Occasional travel between the work location in Holland MI and development line in Santa Clara CA is required
Experience and Skills:
- Graduate degree in engineering, materials science, chemistry, physics, or a related field
- Expertise in battery electrode mix and coat across development and manufacturing lines
- Demonstrated ability to develop new process and implement effective process controls
- Title and level of position will depend on the seniority of the successful candidate
- This is a regular, full time position
- The position is based in Holland MI
- Compensation is competitive with manufacturing or process engineer positions
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up. The company has a strong leadership team that includes world-class C and VP level strategy, sales, operations, and technology executives.
· Founded in 2012 as a Stanford spin out
· Now selling the world’s first UL certified Na-ion product in $9B data center market, with $700k shipped and $1.5M booked
· First product (battery tray for in-rack power) is fully de-risked and sold out through Q1 2023
· Second product (ultra high-power battery rack services) launched in 2022
What differentiates Natron Energy from other battery companies?
Natron Energy solves the problems created by lead acid and lithium-ion technology:
· Higher power discharge and faster recharge
A smaller footprint for high power leaves more space to generate revenue
Fast recharge results in higher system uptime
· Industry leading service life
Tens-of-thousands of charge-discharge cycles enables real-time peak saving of volatile electrical loads
Predictable degradation without surprise failures
The only battery that cannot start a fire
Customers gain confidence and save on fire mitigation costs
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
See more open positions at Natron Energy
Something looks off?