Firmware Test Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Natron Energy is looking for a Firmware Test Engineer to assist the product team in key testing and product development. This role will be a 3 to 6 month contract role with an option to join the product team on a full-time basis.
- Create detailed firmware and hardware tests plans that cover error, normal and corner cases.
- Test and approve firmware engineering changes.
- Conduct system testing for the Product Team.
- Conduct UL1998 testing and document accordingly.
- Assist in UL1973 hardware Testing, as necessary and document accordingly.
- Update Jira tickets.
- Participate in team meetings.
- 5+ years of experience in system and firmware testing
- Able to work with electrical, mechanical and firmware engineers in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience with high voltage systems. Battery technology would be a plus.
- Firmware development experience.
- Experience in UL, industrial, medical, automotive, or similar certification testing procedures would be a big plus.
- This is a 30 - 40 hour p/week position based out of Santa Clara, CA
- Disclaimer: The actual salary of a successful applicant may vary from posted ranges based on the candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, internal equity and alignment with market data, and other legitimate business reasons, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable immigration law prevailing wages.
- In addition, Natron Energy has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan, Life Insurance, and Flexible Time Off and Personal Time Off for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees respectively.
- The salary range for this position is a minimum of $55 per hour and maximum of $85 per hour.
Natron Energy (natron.energy) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up. The company has a strong leadership team that includes world-class C and VP level strategy, sales, operations, and technology executives.
· Founded in 2012 as a Stanford spin out
· Now selling the world’s first UL certified Na-ion product in $9B data center market, with $700k shipped and $1.5M booked
· First product (battery tray for in-rack power) is fully de-risked and sold out through Q1 2023
· Second product (ultra high-power battery rack services) launched in 2022
What differentiates Natron Energy from other battery companies?
Natron Energy solves the problems created by lead acid and lithium-ion technology:
· Higher power discharge and faster recharge
A smaller footprint for high power leaves more space to generate revenue
Fast recharge results in higher system uptime
· Industry leading service life
Tens-of-thousands of charge-discharge cycles enables real-time peak saving of volatile electrical loads
Predictable degradation without surprise failures
The only battery that cannot start a fire
Customers gain confidence and save on fire mitigation costs
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com
See more open positions at Natron Energy
Something looks off?