Senior+ Software Engineer (Front-end focus)
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
We're on a mission to enable human potential.
Moonhub is building the world's first AI-powered recruiter. We believe talent and skills are universal, but the systems to identify them aren't. Moonhub solves this critical problem with the world's first conversational AI recruiter trained on billions of people datapoints to help hiring managers and organizations take control of the hiring process, working with an AI to find and retain the best talent for their teams at a fraction of the cost.
Core to our solution are large language models and conversational AI features that power our AI recruiter. Our team consists of ex Stanford Computer Science PhDs and MBAs, highly cited NLP researchers on ground-breaking papers like Bloom / Superglue / etc, papers, ex Twitter Cortex and Meta ML leads and more world-class AI and HR experts.
We are building the future of equitable opportunity. In line with this, we believe in a diverse and inclusive team where everyone is welcome.
This is a fast-paced role with immense growth potential for a world-class Senior / Staff level frontend engineer with extensive experience working with the latest frontend technologies. You will be working closely with our leadership, partners, and customers to build out new features for our chat platform used by people to automate recruiting. We are a company driven by our positive mission and social impact.
For this role, we are looking for frontend-focused software engineers who have experience building complex web applications from the ground up. On any given day, you may be working with our full-stack or ML engineers to create a technical spec for an upcoming feature, collaborating with product and design on the UI/UX of a feature, or refactoring parts of our codebase.
What You’ll Do
- Develop React web applications with complex interaction patterns and flexible components
- Independently translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimize UI components for efficiency and scalability
- Work closely with leadership and customers to understand large-scale recruiting and HR pain points, and develop intuitive, easy to use UI.
- Work closely with BE engineers to design and implement BE components.
- Write production ready code with speed, cost, and usability in mind
- Contribute to building a culture where everyone is an owner. We ship fast and build trust as a team.
Skills & Qualifications
- Deep understanding of latest frontend development technologies, including React, and a strong foundation in TypeScript and CSS
- 4+ years of software engineer experience, 2+ years of web development experience
- Thorough understanding of state/data management workflows such as Redux, RTK Query
- Knowledge of backend technologies (e.g. Python, Postgres)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to adjust to dynamic customer needs
- Ability to make tradeoffs between when to move quickly and when to move slower to improve code quality.
- The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $120,000 to $160,000 in the US;
- This position is eligible for equity
Moonhub is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.