Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
We're on a mission to enable human potential.
Moonhub is building the world's first AI recruiter. We believe talent and skills are universal, but the systems to identify them aren't. Moonhub solves this critical problem with the world's first conversational AI recruiter trained on billions of people data points to help hiring managers and organizations take control of the hiring process, working with an AI to find and retain the best talent for their teams at a fraction of the cost.
Core to our solution are large language models and conversational AI features that power our AI recruiter. Our team consists of ex-Stanford Computer Science PhDs and MBAs, highly cited NLP researchers on ground-breaking papers like Bloom / Superglue / etc, papers, ex-Twitter Cortex and Meta ML leads, and more world-class AI and HR experts.
We are building the future of equitable opportunity. In line with this, we believe in a diverse and inclusive team where everyone is welcome.
Moonhub is looking for a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our fast-paced AI startup disrupting the talent search industry using state-of-the-art technologies and LLMs.
We are seeking a world-class professional with a deep understanding of software quality assurance, testing methodologies, and a passion for ensuring the excellence of our products. As a key member of our engineering team, you will play a crucial role in guaranteeing the quality and reliability of our software.
Moonhub is a hybrid company, and we have quarterly off-sites together, along with local meetups.
What You’ll Do
- Design and build testing layers (unit, integration, E2E) and corresponding frameworks to enable development velocity
- Collaborate with other software engineers to develop and execute comprehensive test plans
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand product requirements and design test strategies.
- Perform manual and automated testing to identify defects, issues, and areas for improvement.
- Create and maintain automated test scripts for regression and performance testing.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to address software defects and ensure high-quality releases.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest testing techniques, tools, and industry best practices.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of software testing principles, methodologies, and best practices.
- 4+ years of experience in software quality assurance, with at least 2 years focused on testing large-scale software systems.
- Familiarity with test automation tools and frameworks.
- Experience with test management and defect tracking systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing project requirements and dynamic customer needs.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Experience with Postgres, QA for ML-backend software systems, or similar backend technologies.
- Knowledge of machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) concepts, even if through side projects or courses.
- The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $120,000 to $160,000 in the US;
- This position is eligible for significant equity
- This role is eligible for benefits including 100% covered premium health + dental insurance, company offsite trips, work-from-home stipend, 401k, and more.
Moonhub is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.