Senior+ Software Engineer (Large Language Models)
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
We're on a mission to enable human potential.
Moonhub is building the world's first AI recruiter. We believe talent and skills are universal, but the systems to identify them aren't. Moonhub solves this critical problem with the world's first conversational AI recruiter trained on billions of people datapoints to help hiring managers and organizations take control of the hiring process, working with an AI to find and retain the best talent for their teams at a fraction of the cost.
Core to our solution are large language models and conversational AI features that power our AI recruiter. Our team consists of ex Stanford Computer Science PhDs and MBAs, highly cited NLP researchers on ground-breaking papers like Bloom / Superglue / etc, papers, ex Twitter Cortex and Meta ML leads and more world-class AI and HR experts.
We are building the future of equitable opportunity. In line with this, we believe in a diverse and inclusive team where everyone is welcome.
This is a fast-paced role with extensive growth potential for a world-class Senior / Staff level software engineer with extensive experience working with large language models. You will be on the core ML/ engineering team and work closely with our leadership, partners, and customers to build tools powered by LLMs used by people to automate recruiting. We are a company driven by our positive mission and social impact.
For this role, we are looking for individuals with generalist backend engineering backgrounds who have built ML products from the ground up. On any given day, you may be working with our full-stack engineers to create a technical spec for an upcoming feature, collaborating with Elasticsearch experts to make changes to our Elasticsearch schemas, or refactoring parts of our codebase.
Moonhub is a remote / hybrid company with a strong emphasis on engineering and product at the heart of teams.
What You’ll Do
- Develop production ML/NLP systems powered by large language models
- Rapidly experiment with and iterate on LLM powered features with in-house recruiters
- Build new ML tools from 0 > 1 inside our existing platforms
- Work closely with leadership and customers to understand large-scale recruiting and HR pain points, and develop state-of-art machine learning products for them.
- Write production ready code with speed, cost, and usability in mind
- Contribute to building a culture where everyone is an owner. We ship fast and build trust as a team.
Skills & Qualifications
-Knowledge of database architectures, microservices, message queues, and other backend technologies.
-4+ years of backend experience, 2+ years building production ML (and NLP) systems
-Strong Python familiarity
-Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to adjust to dynamic customer needs
-Ability to make tradeoffs between when to move quickly and when to move slower to improve code quality.
-Desire to build expertise in search.
- The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $120,000 to $200,000 in the US;
- This position is eligible for significant equity
- This role is eligible for benefits including 100% covered premium health + dental insurance, company offsite trips, work-from-home stipend, 401k, and more.
Moonhub is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.